#38

A/n: as promised, the last chapter for the game~ ty for all the support u guys r the sweetest ily 😚

____

You were ecstatic. In fact, that was an understatement. Your body was flowing with an immense amount of adrenaline and determination as you celebrated your second goal. Your team cheered you on, too, in shock that you'd scored twice, and in a row at that.

The desire to win was only getting stronger and being so close to victory, you weren't going to hold off. Especially being a goal away from a hat trick. The feeling of scoring had you in a state of excitement, and your anxiety was finally beginning to drown out.

The game resumed soon after and the ball went back and forth between both teams for a minute or so, until your opponents won themselves an advantage.

You hid your scowl as you analysed the current situation. Some more minutes had passed and the game had resumed after your volley shot, and the score was now 2-1.

A corner kick had been rewarded to the opposite team after the restart, and the player taking the kick had used some pre-decided tactic. Instead of making an assist for one of the players to make a header or going for a goal directly from the corner, she kicked it further away from everyone on defence near the goal.

You watched the ball whizz past you, and in that moment a player diverted from the crowd of you all in one swift movement, receiving her kick. Seriously?  Their play was quick and well thought out, giving you no time to make an attack, let alone think.

And with that, they'd made their first goal of the match. It caught you off-guard and even though your defence was on the top of their game, they too weren't able to stop it.

The stadium roared once more as their supporters in the audience all stood up, celebrating their first goal, and their comeback.

That was all just a few minutes ago, and now you were currently forced to take on a defensive role. They'd made another attempt at a goal, and you skid of the ground, slide tackling the player and taking possession of the ball once more.

You got up from the grass in a swift motion and ran with the ball, as the crowd cheered in relief of the fact you kept them from scoring again.

Come on. Just one more and this game's ours. The same thought lingered in your head as you advanced in the opposite direction, dribbling the ball between your feet, your eyes staying aware of everyone's positions on the pitch.

If they'd scored again, it would have put you at a tie, making it difficult to gain a lead on them. Therefore, you and your teams only options were to score and defend as hard as possible. Your two top priorities.

As you got through a few midfielders by exchanging passes between some of your teammates, one of them seemed to be watching you precisely. It was like she could read all of your moves and her stance was ready, seeming like she knew what to expect.

The back and forth possession of the ball in each teams court continued for a while before you were met with that midfielder again.

As you approached her, you planned your move in your head before making the play - something that was always uncertain until you actually came into contact with the player. You'd always made sure to never take such a step that would shut out alternative options if your first didn't pan out how you wanted it to.

Although, this time around it was like your mind was clouded with false judgement. As you made your move to dupe her, she reads your manoeuvres and makes the perfect defend and attack, taking the football back.