Insights from the Medical Examiner

Detective Mike Doriane watched with a sense of grim determination as the team transported the victim, Mr. Henry Cooper, to the medical examiner's office. Dr. Gabriel Tardy, a seasoned professional, would provide crucial insights into the gruesome murder that had taken place.

Inside the sterile examination room, Dr. Tardy began his meticulous examination of the victim's body. His findings were both chilling and perplexing. It was evident that Mr. Cooper had endured a horrifying ordeal before his life was brutally ended.

Dr. Tardy's diagnosis revealed that the initial blow to the head had been caused by an iron bar. The killer had used it as a weapon to incapacitate his victim, rendering him vulnerable. However, it wasn't this blow that had ultimately taken Mr. Cooper's life. Instead, the pen lodged in his throat had been the fatal instrument of death.

The absence of fingerprints on the pen or the victim's body only deepened the mystery. It was as if the killer had left no trace behind, a detail that heightened the sense of menace surrounding the case.

As Dr. Tardy continued his examination, he made another intriguing observation. The victim had displayed signs of extreme fear and exhaustion. His heart had been racing, and his body had been in a heightened state of alertness.

"It's as if he was being followed for a while," Dr. Tardy remarked, his voice somber. "The elevated heart rate and anxiety suggest that Mr. Cooper was under significant stress before he met his end."

Mike nodded, absorbing the new information. It was becoming clearer that the killer had been stalking his victim, waiting for the right moment to strike. Pushing him up the building had been the final act in this horrifying sequence of events.

With this new revelation, Mike knew that they were dealing with a methodical and cold-blooded murderer. The challenge had escalated, and he was more determined than ever to bring this ruthless killer to justice.