Prologue

"Okay, the movie is gonna end anytime now and I don't think Dorothy is the killer." A girl with dark brown hair, said to her friend as they finish their bowl of popcorn.

It's their usual horror movie night and tonight's movie is 'Valentine'.

"Yeah, it's so obvious that it's Jeremy  cause the killer always have a bleeding nose during the kills and that's the number one hint." Her friend with ginger hair added.

"And the entire time, Jeremy is doing it for revenge. What's Dorothy's motive?"

"That's the thing - she has no motive. So it doesn't make any sense."

They keep themselves quiet as they continue watching the movie.

"I love you, Adam."

"I love you, Kate. I always have."

"Wait a minute." One of the girls spoke as the camera pans to the character Adam with a bloody nose.

"I knew something's off about him. So Adam is Jeremy. And that's it."

"And how come Kate is not reacting to the blood dripped on her face?"

And then the movie ends, leaving the girls feeling... nothing. But the blunt kind of feeling nothing.

The end credits starts rolling and one of them turned on the lights.

"Well... what do you think of the movie?" The dark brown haired girl asked her friend.

"It's a bit... meh. Characters kinda boring and not memorable." Her friend answered. "And... that's it. You?"

"I couldn't agree more."

They heard some knocking on the door and it slowly swings open.

"Hey, Tori," A young girl with short, light brown hair spoke. "I think your parents are here to pick you up."

"Okay, thanks Marci." Tori, the girl with dark brown hair, thanked her.

Then Marci closes the door.

Tori starts packing up her stuff and her ginger haired friend, Anna, starts cleaning up their mess.

"So which movie should we watch on our next movie night?" Anna asked.

"Hmm... I was thinking of something even scarier or creepier than 'Valentine'. So maybe... 'Hereditary' or 'Dead Silence'." Tori answered, zipping up her backpack.

"Oh, I haven't watched 'Dead Silence' yet. Is it good?"

"What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of creepy dolls?"

"Well... their creepy eyes slowly following you." Anna replied.

"Then, there you have it. 'Dead Silence' it is, on our next horror movie night. My place?"

"Sure, when?"

Tori threw her backpack over her shoulder, putting on the straps before picking up her phone and books.

"How about on Friday?" Tori suggested. "And maybe we could have a sleepover."

"I'll ask my parents about it. Okay, time for you to go, Thompson."

"Okay, let me know soon Peterson."

They hug each other before Tori starts walking to the door.

"Drive safe." Anna said. "I mean it."

"Don't forget to lock your doors tonight before bed." Tori teased. "Seriously, I mean it."

They laugh it off as they wave goodbye and Tori walks down the stairs, on her way to her parents' car.

Tori and Anna have always been the best of friends and one thing they have in common is their love of horror movies.

From the classics, tropes, clichés, twists and turns, they love it and they made it as their usual thing to do together.

Little did they know, that they will soon find themselves in a horror movie in real life.