skating and a child in a mans body

Juliet's Pov

It's November and the crisp fall air is all around us. It's almost winter, so I'm soaking up the last bits of fall the best I can. I love the colors turning on the trees and all things pumpkin spice and cinnamon. Today we are going to bundle up and go outside into the cold weather and spend time together just the three of us. Thankfully the sun sits high on the sky and makes the chilly temperature more bearable.

I'm wearing burgundy pants, a navy blue coat with a sweater under, boots, and a scarf to keep me safe from the cold. On Lilly's request, I'm also wearing a beanie because she thought it was unfair that she had to if I didn't. We are going to Central Park so a beanie and gloves aren't a bad idea. It's going to be cold, and we are going ice skating before we go shopping. Lilly is wearing a similar outfit to me, and I made sure that she had fleece under her clothes to keep her safe from the cold air outside. 

"Mommy we are going skating!" She says as both will, and I hold her small hands and swing her as we walk into the park. "We are. Isn't that fun? It's been a while since we last skated"  There are few bikers today, most people are walking and bundled up just like us.

"Willy, have you skated before? Mommy is good. Last time she only feels twice" she says, and I blush. I'm not good at skating, in fact, I think I'm flat-out bad, but whatever. Lilly loves it so I'm not going to be stubborn and not do it with her.  It's one of our winter traditions whenever they set up the rink in the park.

"I have and I think it's really fun. My brother and I used to come here and skate a lot when we were kids" he says, and she seems happy with that. 

We brought our own skates, so I help Lilly put them on before I put on mine. Our skates are those figure skating skates that have the stupid rigged thing in the front that has made me fall several times. I'm just happy I've never broken a bone while I've fallen on these things because that would be embarrassing. Lilly is pretty good on her skates and doesn't fall much. We asked her if she wanted the penguin thing to hold onto, but she looked at us and laughed, of course, she didn't want that. 

The rink is filled with families holding hands with their little kids and teenage couples skating hand in hand. Several kids have those penguin things and everyone is bundled up to protect themself from the cold. It's only a matter of time before the snow sets in and Central Park turns into a true winter wonderland. Not to mention all the decorations that will come soon when the Christmas season sets in.

"Don't let me fall please" I say as Will helps me onto the ice. "Mommy you can do it. Look it's easy" Lilly says and skate around but keep close to us as there are a lot of other people here that have the same idea as us today. 

"You won't fall, I'll hold you, Juliet," Will says and wraps an arm around my waist holding me close to him as we move forward. Lilly is in her little world skating around and sometimes skating in circles trying to do pirouettes like the people she sees on TV. She doesn't know how to do the pirouettes, but she is giving it a good try and not falling. 

I'm getting the hang of this so will move to hold my hand instead of holding my waist. It feels nice to have his big hand hold mine securely, it just feels right and safe. Every day I trust him more and more, and the feelings are bubbling inside me. The feelings terrify me because I don't know how to handle them without getting hurt in the process. Romantic feelings have never done me any good, it always ends in pain and heartbreak. We are finally getting along, and I don't want that ruined, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut and hope the feelings pass. 

I can see some people have spotted us and are taking pictures, but I try to block it out. We are doing something normal people do, and if people want to disrupt their day to take pictures be my guest. I'm not going to let that ruin my day because I'm having fun.