back to work

Juliet's Pov

First day back to work and I'm excited. Walking around at home doing nothing is not my style, I prefer to be doing something. I'm not someone who takes time off work, so my whole body is itching to get back there. Sometimes I don't know what to do with my life if I'm not working. So while Lilly has been off at school this week, I've been reading books or reading the merger agreement that was finished during the week. Anything to keep my mind occupied. I've also been trying to avoid will because I don't see a need to interact with that man unless I absolutely must.

Lilly's nanny is here to take her to school soon, so I gather my things in my bag before I head for the door. "You ready to go Juliet. my driver is downstairs" Will asks as he comes towards me.

"I'm driving with you?" I huff and he smirks at me. "We are supposed to be married. How would it look if we didn't drive together? It would result in a lot of questions" he says, and of course he is right. I'm just too used to my independence to take others, other than my daughter, into consideration in my day-to-day schedule.

Will is wearing a dark three-piece suit. It's a shade of dark blue with a white button-up shirt underneath with a dark blue tie. At least he knows how to dress to a tee. I'm wearing a pale grey pantsuit today with a pair of matching close-toe heels. Who said that women must wear a skirt or a dress to work in an office? There is nothing wrong with dresses and skirts; I wear them often, but I like to mix things up with pantsuits occasionally.

We arrive at the office after a drive-in silence. He takes my hand as we exit the car, and I don't even bother arguing even though every inch of my body is telling me to pull away. The instinct to avoid contact is strong, but I need to keep it together. I need to put my sight on the end goal, today is our first day as CEOs and then it's all about working our asses off until our fathers decide they want to step down from the president roles. This is all I've wanted, so I won't let will get in my way. Even if that means staying married to Will.

The receptionist is a woman who has fillers in her lips, wears a shirt that shows off her cleavage and is glaring at me. "Good morning Mr. Hilton," she says flirtingly to him, and I want to roll my eyes. Of course, that's why she was looking at me like that, I'm walking in with Will. Flirting with a married man isn't a good look, especially when that married man is the son of the owner of the company, but whatever.  I don't care who flirts with him, but it's not a good look for an employee to conduct themself in this manner.

"Good morning Savanna. Have you met my wife?" will introduce us and she fakes a smile at me "Nice to meet you Mrs. Hilton" she says, and I thank her and introduce myself without matching her hostility.

We reach the floor where our offices are and walk in. There is another receptionist there "Good morning Mr. Hilton. And you must be Mrs. Hilton" the girl who introduces herself as Cecilia Glendale says and shakes my hand. will already know all these people because my dad's company is moving into this building where we will be operating out of.

"Mrs. Hilton," Selena says as she comes over to me. We have an agreement that at work she talks to me more formally if there are other people around. I like to maintain a professional presence at work. It's hard enough being taken seriously as a female in this industry so I keep up a strict persona.

"Good morning, Selena," I say, and she says she is going to show me my new office. I was hoping that Will would leave, but no, he is still firmly holding my hand and following me. 

"My office is just across from yours. They are identical. My executive assistant is Mina Hadley" he says before kissing my cheek and heading into his office. When his lips meet my cheek, and his hand is holding my hand tightly I can't help but flinch. I wish I didn't do that anymore, but it's a reflex I can't help sometimes. It does annoy me that he keeps doing that, kissing my cheek and holding my hand, but he doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon.