Chapter Twenty

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, Taylor." I gush, squeezing his arm in delight. "It's absolutely perfect."
"I'm glad you like it." He smiles as he leads me to the rug and we both sit down.

"So to start off tonight, I thought we could watch a movie under the stars." Taylor smiles.
"You are so cute." I praise, causing a blush to spread across his cheeks. "What movie are we going to watch?"
"Well, I remember you talking about how much you love Lily James, so I thought that we'd watch 'Cinderella'." He offered. 

"Have you seen it before?" I ask as he presses play and the movie starts.
"No I haven't, but I do love Disney movies." He informs with a sweet smile.
"Well, it is definitely a good choice for tonight." I praise as snuggle into Taylor's side.

~~~

"That was a really sweet thing to do for me Taylor. You're incredible." I smile brightly, and a little bit lovestruck, as we walk back to the hotel holding everything that Taylor set up.
"I'm sorry that you have to carry all of this back with me, but it's not over yet." He apologises.
"It's okay, really." I pause for a moment. "Wait, what do you mean it's not over yet?"

"I've got something small planned back at the hotel." Taylor informs. 
"Well, we're here." I motion to the hotel as we walk through to the elevators. "What do you have planned?"

"You sure are impatient you know." Taylor laughs at my pushiness.
"It comes with me hating surprises." I inform.
"But you liked the first one, so I'm sure you'll like this one too." He smiles as he opens up his hotel room and instructs me to discard everything on one of the beds.

"Where are the others?" I ask.
"Who?" Taylor asks back as he waits for me to come towards him.
"Your roommates." I hint. "You know, Aaron and Carter."

"Oh them, yeah I kicked them out for the night." He playfully informs.
"So where are they?" I ask, feeling bad that I'm the reason that they can't even stay in their own room.
"They're staying with Matt and Jacob." He answers.

"But enough about them." Taylor demands jokingly. "Come out on the balcony."
"What's on the balcony?" I quiz as I slowly follow him outside.
"You'll find out when you get here." He calls, as I follow him through the door.

"Taylor, it's beautiful." I gawk as I look around the balcony. He has set up fairy lights to surround the balcony bars and reinvented beds, using blankets and pillows, to fill the floor. My guitar is leaning against the table, which has more thermos on it. But the thing that is making me smile the most is that there are red rose petals scattered everywhere.

"Do you like it?" Taylor asks insecurely as he snaps me out of my daydream.
"I love it, thank you." I smile brightly as we both sit down.
"I thought we could spend the night out here, under the stars." Taylor voices his plans.

"It's perfect." I look up to the sky and then beside me at Taylor. "Thank you for doing all of this for me."
"I wouldn't have done it any other way." He admits as he turns around and picks up something.

"Here." Taylor smiles. "A pretty rose for an even prettier girl." I blush as he hands me a perfect white rose.
"It's gorgeous." I compliment. "Everything you have done tonight is perfect."
"I'm glad you like it." He beams, taking on the compliment. There was a calm silence between us for a few moments and then I came up with an idea.

"Do you want me to teach you how to play the guitar?" I ask with excitement.
"Um, I guess you can try." He answers, clearly unsure about this. "But I'll let you know that I am completely uncoordinated." The brunette jokes as I place the rose to the side and pick up my guitar.

"First things first." I begin. "You need to face me so I can help you."
"Yes ma'am." We laugh lightly before he moves to sit cross-legged in front of me so that our knees are touching.
"Now take this and put your index finger here." I instruct as Taylor grabs my guitar and does as I say.

Let's just say that Taylor is absolutely hopeless at playing the guitar. It's past midnight and we are still sitting here trying to get the first chord right.

"That's it, I'm giving up." The brunette throws his hands in the air playfully.
"Thank god, because you are terrible." I tease.
"But you're not." Taylor compliments me. "Play something."

"What do you want me to play?" I ask, nervous that I will be playing just for him.
"Why don't you play 'Just The Way You Are'." Taylor suggests, knowing all too well that I can't say no to that song.
"Fine." I puff playfully as I grab my guitar from him and start to play my song.

I slowly play the acoustic version of my favourite song and sing the lyrics softly so only the two of us can hear.

'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

I smile to myself as I finish the song and place my guitar off to the side.

"You really are amazing Jordan." Taylor whispers as he moves closer.
"I-I am?" I blush as he moves closer so that we're now face to face, sitting on our makeshift beds.
"Yeah." He smiles and leans closer, closing the small gap between us. "Can I kiss you?"

My heart begins to race as I nod slowly, and Taylor leans in to close the gap between us. As our lips touch, I feel my heart hammer in my chest and my entire world explodes. The butterflies in my stomach slowly start to vanish as I place my arms around Taylor's neck and our lips move in sync. Taylor reaches up and softly grabs my cheek. This is definitely the best first kiss in the world. Everything went off, explosions, bombs, poppers, fireworks-wait, fireworks?

We pull apart and I look towards the sky. Bright flashes of purple, orange, and blue fill the sky as the biggest smile grows on my face. The fireworks explode into a bright colourful display of how my heart is feeling.

"Jordan." Taylor whispers my name, and I turn my attention back towards him.
"Taylor." I smile, taking his hand in my own. 
"Will you-." We both begin, causing the other to laugh.
"You first." The brunette offers me the space to speak. 

"Taylor, I have a feeling you were about to ask." I laugh, looking down at our intertwined hands before returning my gaze to him. "But, I wanted to be the one to ask. Taylor, will you be my boyfriend?" 
I watch as the biggest smile graces his face and he pulls me into a tight embrace. "Of course. I'd be honoured to call myself your boyfriend." 

I release a laugh as Taylor shifts us so that we're lying down. I grab the blanket and pull it over us, before readjusting my position and lying so I can face the brunette, my boyfriend.

"I'm so happy right now." I beam.
"Me too. Thank you." Taylor begins.
"Thank me? Whatever for? You're the one who put together this incredible night." I praise. "I should be thanking you."

"Thank you for asking me to be your boyfriend. I've wanted to be with you since we played Twenty Questions on that very first night that you joined us. When you said that making people smile inspires you." Taylor admits, causing me to blush.
"Do you remember that day that we went bowling?" I question as Taylor nods knowingly. "That was the day I started to realise that I had a proper crush on you, not just a schoolgirl crush." I admit, blushing at my confession. 

"You know." Taylor starts. "You're really cute when you blush."
"Stop it." I blush even more and bury my face into his chest.
"It's okay." He laughs and kisses my head gently. "You're perfect."