Chapter 40 : Swaying

Start from the beginning

Montgomery had said these words simply, but the gazes of the people surrounding them towards Lisa changed.

They no longer held slight curiosity or indifference to a nobody, their gazes had admiration, observance and even examination towards her.

Even Bruce walked over to shake Lisa's hand: "looks like the 'Masters competition' will have a scary opponent like you. For the remaining 2 months, I will need to work hard!"

Lisa was a little in disbelieve, she had only tasted all the ingredients in the drink, why were the expressions of everyone towards her like they had seen the emperor penguin in Africa?

And Iris' gazes had gotten even colder.

Montgomery went to David, the food association's president, and asked smiling: "Hey, David, what did you think about the food for the party today?"

Lisa saw David and hurriedly look away, you gotta know, she poisoned him with the chaos of the tomato and eggs stew. Wish that he'd already forgotten her!

"En...... even though I know that it's not from you, it tastes pretty good."

"if it were a Michelin gourmet spy, what kind of evaluation will they give the food here?"

"Sorry, I'm not a gourmet spy. But ...... I think the creamy carrot soup can receive at least a knife and fork evaluation. As for the other foods, they too are delicious." David did not purposely give excessive praise to the food at the birthday party just because of Montgomery's status in the industry."

"Ah ha, thank you. Mrs Smith, what do you think?"

"As for me, I thought the 'pig in the blanket' was done really well." Mrs Smith smiled, "Alright, the food at the party can't be what Monica prepared specially for you ba?"

"No, it was prepared by my grandson Bruce! You must know that just a month ago, he had zero knowledge about the thing of the kitchen. But ever since that 'Masters show' his improvement has been amazing!" while talking about Bruce, Montgomery's facial expression was full of pride.

David was extremely shocked: "Oh my god ah, I have a very deep impression of the baked lamb chops Bruce made that time! That flavour was totally from the depths of hell! But to have prepared everything today is too shocking! Bruce, you are indeed Montgomery's grandson, the gene for controlling ingredients flows in your blood!"

Everyone started murmuring. And Iris went up to Bruce, praising him and at the same time exchanging cooking techniques, in a moment, Bruce became the focus of the party. many asked who his mentor for the masters show was, and under everyone's praise, he kept reason, and was sealed as a bottle.

No one noticed Lisa, she too half a step back.

"if the taste in the mouth is unbearable, you can try the baileys cake."

The cool voice was like a wind that passed by slowly.

Lisa looked over, and realised that Jungkook was actually standing beside her.

When everyone was focusing on Bruce, Jungkook had remembered her existence.

At this time, Song Yi Ran came over, he looked at Jungkook, then said to Lisa: "Open your mouth."

"Ah?" Lisa hadn't had time to react, and a jelly bean was thrown into her mouth by Song Yi Ran, the sweet milky fragrance spread all over her tongue.

His laziness and comfort formed a very sharp contrast against Jungkook's introverted cold.

"I never thought I'd see you here." Jungkook calmly said.

"What?" Lisa looked at Song Yi Ran, then looked at Jungkook, "You know each other?"