Chapter 2: Meeting Friends in Jail

I was behind some glass and I could see the Nova Corps on the other side of it. They were talking about my background. I rolled my eyes. They chuckled and tapped the glass with a pencil.

I flipped them off the entire time even as the ground rotated so they could talk about the next person.

-later-

I was in handcuffs like the others. We were in single file, following one of the guards. I could faintly here the raccoon and the man talking.

"What's a raccoon?" The raccoon asked.

Wait, did the guy just call the raccoon a raccoon? Is he from Earth too? I thought to myself. It would be a huge relief if he was.

"What's a raccoon? That's what you are, stupid." The man said.

"There ain't no thing like me, except me." The raccoon pointed to himself.

We walked past the guards who were messing with our stuff. I looked over and saw one of the blue men playing with a Walkman. Then another was playing with my Gameboy.

"Hey!" The man and I yelled simultaneously and stepped in the room before the gate closed.

"Put that down!" I said, stepping closer to the blue dude who had my Gameboy.

"That's mine!" The man glared at the blue dude who had the Walkman. Suddenly, he was tazed. "Hooked on a Feeling! Blue Swede! That song belongs to me!" The man was on the ground now, getting tazed repeatedly.

"Give me the Gameboy, and we won't have any problems." I held out my hand for the Gameboy.

The blue dude held the Gameboy farther away from me. I was tazed as well. I gritted my teeth and kept walking towards the blue dude. Then, I was pushed to the ground roughly and tazed again. I groaned.

-another time launch forward-

"Take off your clothes." One of the dudes said.

"And what makes you think I would do that?" I raised an eyebrow.

One of the dudes had a knife in his hand. "This."

"Right. I'll get undressed now." I did as I said, taking all but my bra and underwear off, and was sprayed with orange liquid. I was tossed into a different room. The raccoon and the man were there. I was still dripping with the orange stuff.

I went to a corner of the room, and flipped my hair out of my face, making more drops of orange, trail down my face. I felt as though someone was staring so I looked and saw the man was staring with a smirk. Then he realized I was looking at him. I had my hands on my hips with an eyebrow raised. He looked away.

I changed into my prison clothes. Then, I left the room with them. I was walking side-by-side with the man. "I'm Suzanne, by the way. You can call me Suzie." I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord." He shook my hand.

"Nice to meet you then, Peter." I smiled a little.

"Great to meet you, Suzie." He returned my smile.

"So, do you know the others' names? I have a feeling they won't say anything if I asked." I looked at the raccoon and the Zendonian.

"The raccoon is Rocket and the other girl is Gamora." Peter replied. It was quiet for a while. Then, Peter spoke up again. "So, what's the orb?"

"I am Groot." The tree said.

"Thank you, I heard that the other 89 times. What's up with Giving Tree here?" Peter asked.

"Groot ain't good at talking like me and you. His vocabulary is limited to 'I' and 'am' and 'Groot'. Exclusively in that order." Rocket answered.