Chapter 4- Awakening Part 2

Start from the beginning

"So, you're a fan of Pastel Palettes?" She curiously asks.

... So she did see the photo I saw looking at after all. Better play dumb.

"What's Pastel Palettes?"

Not that dumb!

"I mean, my sister is a pretty big fan, so she sends me photos and videos of them sometimes."

Okay, nice recovery. Keep going...

"And uhh..."

A puzzled expression appears on Lisa's face.

"Did I mention that my name is Y/N L/N?" I awkwardly extend my hand for a handshake.

What are you doing, Y/N?! Japanese people don't shake hands when greeting!

She maintains the same expression, but I now realize that her gaze isn't directed at me. I turn around and notice her gaze is fixated on a third-year student with long flowing silver hair. The girl appears flustered and is accompanied by none other than Yuki as they walk up the staircase together, the girl looking slightly embarrassed.

"That's weird

"That's weird." Lisa murmurs to herself. "Yukina isn't the person to sneak around with a boy. Somethings definitely up."

She thinks to herself for a moment before a playful expression finds its way onto her face.

"Should we spy on them~?" She asks.

I don't know who Yukina is and I hardly even know Yuki. We've only spoken twice. Well, it's more like I've only talked to him twice; I'm not exactly sure if jotting down responses on paper counts as talking. Eavesdropping can be fun, but I've still got to get to class in time.

"Well, class starts soon, and I-"

"C'mon, it will be real quick. I promise." She looks at me with puppy eyes.

If there's one thing I know for certain about myself, it's that I'm easily swayed by peer pressure, even when I'm aware of the potential consequences.

"...Fine," My almost nonexistent resistance crumbles. "But you owe me if we're late to first period."

"Sounds good~. It'll be quick."

The two of us ascend the staircase trailing them and the whole time, I'm mentally beating myself up for giving in so easily. We're at the door to the roof now. It's propped open by a small cardboard box that someone stuck there. I get the impression that students aren't supposed to be up here, but that doesn't seem to stop students. Notably, the door has a window, allowing us to peek through to watch the two students standing on the roof.

"There's something I've been wanting to talk to you about for a while now." Yukina says to the boy in a direct voice as a gust of wind blows her long silver hair.

"Well, I have this... profound love for cats. It's hard to put into words just how much I adore them." Yukina's cheeks keep getting redder with embarrassment the more she speaks.  "But, there's something else. I've had this um... secret wish for the longest time, and it's kind of embarrassing to admit..."