Chapter 3- Awakening Part 1

I wasn't always someone who struggled to make friends. I used to be someone who could easily walk up to strangers and befriend them. That changed the older I got. You see, when I was a chuunibyou, I was seen as that weird kid the schools I attended. I got bullied and retreated into my own shell.

One wish that I always had was for friends that would stand up for me. But, I never got those. So, I made a decision: I would become the kind of person who stood up for others instead. I mean, I'm not doing a good job at it. I only stopped Yuki from getting picked on by accident.

Anyway, standing up to a bully was not even comparable to the situation I found myself in. Attempting to confront a towering, mutated abomination that was once your shy neighbor's mom to try and aid your favorite superhero all while just being a normal person is not comparable. It's just leagues apart. So, here I am sprawled on the ground, wracked with excruciating pain and my vision rapidly fading, all while Melody is injured and beneath a pile of rubble.

Just one day ago, everything was fine. Everything seemed like it was looking up for me. I made friends at a new school, I had got a job, and I was going home to some French Fries. How did everything go so south in less than twenty four hours?

-The Day Before-

I walk out of Ryuuseidou humming to myself. I actually feel pretty good about myself. Somehow, I had managed to accomplish all four goals I set out to do. I don't feel like anything could ruin this day for me at this point. However, the positive thoughts are interrupted when I feel my phone buzz with a FaceTime call, and as I answer it, I was met with the tearful violet eyes of my sister, Ena. She appears on the screen, her face close to the camera, still donning her navy blue Tsukinomori uniform, now layered with an apron.

"Ena? What's going on?" I ask, absolutely dumbfounded by what I'm seeing.

"Y/N! I need your help! I've been taken somewhere against my will, somewhere awful. You can't even imagine what they're putting me through." Ena's voice quivers. "Th-they're torturing me... doing unspeakable things. You have to come and rescue me, Y/N... You have to-"

"Y-you should get back to work before the boss comes back and gets upset." An anxious voice interrupts from behind her. She turns, stepping slightly out of frame, allowing me to fully see the scenery behind her. It reveals that her 'dire' situation is actually really mundane. She's at the back of a Wacdonalds, cleaning dishes for some reason. The speaker, an anxious looking girl around my age, dons a Wacdonalds uniform, with big violet eyes and long, curly light blue hair in a side ponytail.

"Y/N, you've got to get me out of here! I forgot to bring money and tried to run away with our dinner, and now they're forcing me to clean dishes!" Ena's voice rings out as she bumps into something off camera, followed by a cacophony of dishes cra...

"Y/N, you've got to get me out of here! I forgot to bring money and tried to run away with our dinner, and now they're forcing me to clean dishes!" Ena's voice rings out as she bumps into something off camera, followed by a cacophony of dishes crashing to the floor and shattering.

"Fuee~ now the boss is really going to be mad." The anxious employee chimes in. "L-let me get a broom and help you clean that up."

I get the feeling that if I don't get there as soon as possible and save her, I'm going to have to pay for much more than our dinner and whatever she just broke. Best get there soon before she causes any more damage.