"It's fine. He put me through worse." He promised, shovelling more chips into his face. "Now, share your qualms, Doctor. They're written all over your face."

"It's very well behaved, this place." Was his response. "I thought they'd all be happy-slapping hoodies, happy-slapping hoodies with ASBOs, happy-slapping hoodies with ASBOs and ringtones, eh? Oh yeah, don't tell me I don't fit in."

They were having quite a fun time until one of the dinner ladies approached them, an angry look on her face. "You are not permitted to leave your station during a sitting."

"I was just talking to this teacher." Rose excused herself as she pointed to the Doctor.

He waved, cheerily. "Hello."

"He doesn't like the chips."

"The menu has been specifically designed by the headmaster to improve concentration and performance."

EJ raised an eyebrow at her. "And that's chips?"

She didn't seem impressed by their retaliation, so looked directly at Rose. "Now, get back to work."

"See, this is me..." The blonde stood from the table, hair in her cap, apron donned, and twirling like a ballerina on a music box. "Dinner lady."

"I'll have the crumble!" The Doctor called after her.

They could just about hear Rose grumble as she left. "I'm so going to kill you."

Cheekily, he pulled a face as soon as she was looking away. "You think she's annoyed?"

"Dunno." EJ shook his head, relishing this side of the Doctor. It was all brand new still. "Maybe just a little."

Despite facing away from the majority of children, he could still see the doors. He was the one to catch on that the teachers never sat with the children. Whenever a teacher did enter, it always seemed to be odd, for some reason. They'd yet to work out what it was completely, but they would.

"Melissa, you'll be joining my class for the next period." The teacher said to one of the girls; the Doctor was staring. "Milo's failed me, so it's time we moved you up to the top class. Kenny, not eating the chips?"

Kenny was a fairly chubby boy with spiky hair and ovular glasses. "I'm not allowed."

He didn't seem to be interest, and refocused his attention. "Luke, extra class, now."

They exited the room, and from the corner of their eyes, they could see the headmaster. He watched over the halls like a hawk. It was sort of unnerving, a little bit like Big Brother, but EJ didn't want to relive that... it wasn't a good day in the slightest. That had been the day he lost Jack.

After they ate, the Doctor decided it would be a good idea to check out the staff room. It was the one room devoid of children, which might have allowed them the time to investigate the abnormalities they had found. Then again, it might just be a coincidence.

However, within half a minute of being in their, EJ spotted a familiar shock of blonde hair. When Soren said he had a new job, and that it was a little bit weird, this was not exactly what he had been expecting. It was the good kind of surprise, not the bad kind, because that way he had a friend. One of his best friends.

"I mean, I knew we were getting more new teachers." Soren said to EJ, his arms folded as he leant against the wall. "Just didn't expect them to be you and your Doctor."

"But I thought you just got this job." The Thompson boy queried.

"Four months ago. Just after Christmas. Guess your space phone isn't as reliable as you think."