Chapter Thirteen

Luckily they Sarah had brought the bag with her and Cole's essentials with them to the station

     Luckily they Sarah had brought the bag with her and Cole's essentials with them to the station. That meant there was one less stop they had to make on the way to the safe house. She and Cole sat outside in the police car with one of the detectives as the other took Sidney to pack a bag.

    She leaned her head on Coles' shoulder, "Did you really mean what you said at the station? About another nut job trying this again in the future."

    He looked at her, "If people like Gale keep romanticizing this shit when it happens then yeah I do. There's always going to be some jackass looking for their five minutes of fame. One thing I promise you is that no matter what I will always protect you. You and Sid no matter what."

     He pauses and reaches into his pocket and pulls out a box, "I was going to ask you this the night of the mixer but.." he trails off.

    He opens the box to show a beautiful diamond ring, "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

   Sarah stares at him, "Yes!"

   He places the ring on her finger and kisses her, "I love you."

  "I love you too," before she can say anything else Sidney and the detective walk back to the car.

   At some point Derek had walked up and was standing there waiting for Sid. They said something to each other but before it could go any further Hallie came running out, "Hey. Wait up."

  Both detectives went on the offensive ready to stop her but Sidney said, "She's...She's fine."

   Hallie looked at them, "I'm their therapist," slinging her bag into the detectives arms, "Bye Derek."

  Hallie goes to get in the car but pauses when she sees Cole and Sarah already there, "Is there going to be enough room?"

  "Yeah I'll just sit on Coles lap," Sarah responds moving over.

  "We better get going," one of the detectives says and Sidney gives Derek a look of longing befoe climbing in after Hallie.

   They began driving through town and they came to a red light, the silence was deafening until Hallie spoke up, "So where are you taking us anyway?"

   "If we tell you, we'll have to kill you," one of the detectives jokes.

   His partner laughs, "Don't ask. Don't Tell."

  Suddenly the smile vanishes from Sidney's face as she screams at something outside the window. Sarah looks over and sees Ghostface standing there. Before the detective driving can make a move the killer has broke through the window and stabbed him in the throat, his partner looking on in horror.

   Ghostface climbs onto the top of the car and the other detective gets out but is kicked in the face. He is then hit and slammed into the side of the car repeatedly. Sidney, Hallie, and Sarah are all screaming in horror at the sight while Cole is trying to get the door open.