Bets and challenges

Start from the beginning

"Guys, meet my new best friend." Usopp stumbled over, slurring his words slightly.

"New friend?" She whispered confused. The tall, handsome man approached. A large sword on his back. She felt he looked familiar but couldn't figure out his name.

"What did you say your name was again?" Usopp asked. She pictured a wanted poster in her mind to think.

"Which one of you is Monkey D. Luffy?" The man asked, his posh accent luring them in.

Dracule Mihawk. That was it. Mihawk? That definitely wasn't good. Hopefully she had gotten it wrong, especially if he was looking for Luffy. That meant the Marines had sent an actual threat to them.

"Who wants to know?" Nami asked. Sora's heart pounded, she had heard stories of the man in front of her from Harold. Non were pleasant.

"You're Dracule Mihawk." Zoro said, beats of silence followed. A breath escaped her.

"I have business with your captain." Mihawk stated.

"You mean the Marines have business with this captain." Sora said, his yellow eyes pierced into her.

They seemed to hold some sort of familiarity. But hers didn't, she had only ever seen this man on torn up wanted posters. It was like he recognised her from where, it wasn't sure. Maybe he knew her mother or father.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll hand him over." The man, went back to eyeing the group instead.

"We don't know anyone named Luffy. Right, Zoro?" Nami said, eyeing the man. Zoro just stood up, as he did Sora joined him. "Zoro?"

"I've been following your career since I was a child." Zoro said, facing the man fully. "It's an honour to finally meet you, sir."

"Thank you." Mihawk said, merely sparing a glance in his direction. Watching, instead, the thick accented girl walk towards the green haired boy.

"Yes, yes. You're a fan. Let's sit back down." She laid her hands on his chest before spinning round to Mihawk. "We don't know what a Luffy is. Thanks." Zoro stepped past her.

"It pains me to inform you that tomorrow you're going to die." Zoro said towards the pirate. Sora looked at his threat in shock.

"Wait, what?" Nami asked, in the same state of shock as Sora.

"I, Roronoa Zoro, challenge you to a duel to the death." He concludes. Sora's eyes widen.

"I've never heard of you." Mihawk said, turning around slowly.

"They call me the Demon Pirate Hunter. But my lifelong dream is to best you in single combat and become the greatest swordsman in the world." Zoro spoke with determination.

"You're serious." Mihawk said.

"Accept my challenge. You'll see how serious I am." Zoro glared.

"Very well." Mihawk finally agreed. "Tomorrow at dawn. And when I'm done with you, pirate hunter, I'll take your captain." He walked away.

Sora walked towards Zoro, slapping him across the face. "tú dúr, dúr, leathcheann!" She seethed before returning her gaze to him "Why would you do that?" He just rose his eyes from the floor, staying there from when she slapped him.

"Go get Luffy." Nami glared at Zoro. Shoving at Usopp to follow the command.

She sat staring at Zoro in the kitchen with Nami waiting for Luffy to come back. "Maybe you can convince him to call it off."

"I won't do that." Zoro said, looking at his sword. Sora groaned leaning on her arms.

"Did you see the size of that guy's sword?" Nami asked, patting the girls head. "He will slice you into sashimi."