Circus freaks

THE MAN IN THE STRAW HAT

She was dangling above Nami and Zoro watching them talk, no sounds were coming from their mouths weirdly. She was hanging upside down the ropes being the only holding her up. A ringing was constant in her ears. "Sora..." she heard.

"Sora." Another voice rang, they all murmured together into one buzz. "We've got to get her down." Zoro said, eyeing the girl who's eyes flickered open and shut with each breath.

At first the girl was resisting the temptation to fall back and slowly die. She pulled herself up using the ropes to stay up, but everything became to heavy and she swung down.

"I think I can get us out of here." Nami suggested, eyeing the lock on her cage.

"You mean get yourself out of here." Zoro said, grunting as he struggled to get out of the tight ropes.

"That's fair, but I'm going to need you to trust me." Nami said aggressively.

"Just like a theif to lie to my face and ask me to believe her." Zoro argued back.

"You got any other options? Sora is on the verge of passing out. You wanna risk bringing a dead girl to Luffy?" Nami said, watching the limp girl swing back and forth.

"She's not dying." Zoro argued, seeing the same sight as Nami, realising he had to trust her. "Fine. Just tell me what we're gonna do."

"What we've been doing. Waiting to make sure we're alone." Nami said, unlocking her cage.

"You have a lock pick?" Zoro asked, confused.

"I have four lock picks." Nami said, matter of factly. "The clowns only found three." A loud scream caught the attention of the three in the room.

This alerted Sora, so she tried to pull herself back up. Struggling as her head was pounding. "Better work faster." Zoro said, slightly worried for his not friend, friend.

As they continued to try and get themselves free a clown came in, on a unicycle. "Remember me?" He asked.

"No." Zoro answered, not a care in the world. Sora noticed he had a few knives in his pockets. If she could get herself close enough she could grab one or two. "Must be some other homicidal, unicycle-riding clown." He punched Zoro straight in the gut.

"I've been thinking about you for years." The clown whispered.

"Creepy." Sora sung, continuing to try and keep herself up and awake.

"You! Shut it!" The clown said, racing towards her and pulling her arm down making her fall, as he turned back towards Zoro she grasped hold of a knife that stuck out. If she tried to cut herself loose she would seriously injure herself. Maybe she could cut Zoro free. Still there wasn't a high chance either Zoro or Nami would come save her, they had only just met.

"You killed my brother." The clown continued to Zoro.

"I killed a lot of pirates." Zoro rose his head to glare at the man.

"My name is Cabaji, and a couple years ago, you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom. Followed us for weeks through the swamp lands, day and night, never relenting, like some kind of demon." The man looked over at Nami before walking backwards.

"Still not ringing a bell." Zoro jested, trying to get the attention off of Nami. The man shot a knife at Zoro, missing by inches.

"You cut off his head and you stuffed it in a bag, all for a few Berry." The man said, getting angrier and angrier.

"Okay, that does sound like me." Zoro nodded, closing his eyes to imagine what happened.

"Let's see if you can keep your head." The man said, pulling the lever to make it spin. Just before he did so, Sora glinted the knife in Zoro's direction. He lightly nodded to show he had seen. The man seemingly had terrible aim. Missing Zoro by inches or more.