4. Meeting the parents

"Hia, you should have dyed your hair back," Bim commented as Ohm walked down the stairs dressed in nines.

"I agree with Bim. Your hair colour is indeed too eye-catching." Aruna eyed her son's ruby-red hair.

Ever since he was in high school, Ohm had started colouring his hair. Initially, it was just blonde or some shade of brown. But when he joined the university, his hair started becoming any colour in the colour palette.

There were times when Ohm's grandparents refused to let him enter the house without changing the hair colour because they found the colour too atrocious.

"No Maa. View said I looked good in this colour." Ohm said defensively. He didn't care about what others thought. All he cared about was View's opinion.

"Today we are not meeting her, Ohm. We are also meeting her parents." Suchart supported his wife.

"Pa, not you too" Ohm whined.

"I just don't want them to think that you are still that rebellious teenager who used to cause trouble every day." Suchart massaged his temples.

His son had been a mischievous yet good boy till he was in the final year of middle school. His son was good at studies, sports and music. He was very proud of him.

But everything changed suddenly one day when he got a call from his son's school saying that his son had gotten into a fight with his classmate.

When Suchart heard that, he hadn't thought much of it and went to school to pick Ohm up. He was shocked when he heard that Ohm had pushed his classmate down the stairs and the other child was taken to the hospital.

The incident caused Ohm to be suspended from the school. Ever since that day, Ohm turned into a full-on rebel, picking fights, bleaching his hair, getting piercings etc.

"They already know me, Pa." Ohm retorted. He met View's parents a few years ago. He had hit it off with her father well. He didn't think that her father had any problem with him being a bit rebellious.

Suchart looked at his wife, who shook her head at him. he didn't want to lecture his son on the matter. they were running late for the party.

The family of three soon arrived at the rooftop of the JN hotel, where the party was being held.

"Swadee, Swadee." Seksan and his wife Tharee happily welcomed the Chittsawangdees.

Ohm respectfully waiied at the couple as they hugged him in return. He chatted with them before excusing himself to join his friend.

"You look like a runway model, Pawat." Mark, one of Ohm's close friends remarked as the latter joined the group.

"Thanks, man," Ohm smirked. He was wearing an olive-green suit, which looked kind of contrary to his hair colour.

"Ohm, long time no see man." Dunk, Ohm's old schoolmate fist bumped into him.

"Yeah," Ohm chuckled. Dunk had been one of his close friends back in school days. But he started keeping his distance from his old friends as he became more and more rebellious.

"How have you been?" Dunk asked with his cheerful personality.

"It's been great." Ohm smiled back at his friend.

"Why does this place look like a high school reunion?" Mark commented pointing at the bunch of similar-aged people standing there.

Those people were all Ohm's ex-schoolmates with whom he had long lost touch. He enthusiastically went over to join the group. Being the extrovert that he is, Ohm wanted to catch up with everyone.

✨✨✨

"Are you ready?" View asked as the elevator door opened.

Dressed in a maroon suit matching View's wrap dress, Nanon nodded. View happily hooked her arms in Nanon's and walked out of the elevator.

She was extremely happy that Nanon was willing to come with her. She still had hope somewhere in her heart that this might be her only to win Nanon's heart.

View held onto Nanon's arms and walked into the party. She looked around and found her parents talking to the guests. "Non, come let's go greet my parents I will introduce you to them today."

Nanon let View drag him to her parents.

He was a bit nervous about the whole 'meeting the parent' thing. Not that he doesn't know them. he had met them in his childhood when he used to visit View. But now the case was different. Now he was meeting them as View's boyfriend not as someone who went to school in the same school bus.

"Dad, Mom." View called out to her parents causing the couple to turn to look at her.

"You are here, baby." Thanee hugged her daughter.

View proceeded to hug her father before going to Nanon's side. Nanon was staying a step away from the family of three, letting them have a family moment.

"Mom, Dad, this is Nanon Korapat, my boyfriend." View introduced Nanon smiling widely as she held onto Nanon's biceps.

"Swadee Khrab Dad, Mom." He was respectful to the couple. He could feel them sizing him up as they greeted him back.

"Nanon, your name seems familiar, na." Thanee was happy to see that her daughter had brought home a handsome boyfriend.

"Mom, it's Nanon. He used to come home after school with me." View reminded her mother.

Thanee remembered the cute dimpled kid who used to help her daughter carry her bag in their younger days. She had always known that her daughter liked the little boy. Little did she know that her daughter would actually manage to make the boy her boyfriend.

"Oh, sorry Nanon. Aunt couldn't recognize you. You have grown up now and become more handsome."

"Thank you, Mom." Nanon smiled showing his dimples. "But you haven't changed. You look exactly the same as you did back then."

Thane blushed at Nanon's compliment. She was extremely pleased with her daughter's choice. Not only was the boy good-looking, but he also had good manners and a sweet mouth. She definitely preferred him over Ohm.

Seksan watched his wife and daughter talking to Nanon. He knew who Nanon was. He had some dealings with Nanon's family. He was relieved that his daughter didn't bring back some commoner as her boyfriend like he feared she would.

He couldn't help but feel that Nanon would be a better choice for his daughter compared to Ohm seeing how happy she looked with the boy.

From what he had heard of Nanon, he knew that he was the polar opposite of Ohm. He was well well-organised, neat person who always strived for perfection. He was quick in decision-making as well as implementing them correctly on time. The only thing he had in common with Ohm was his excellent performances in studies, sports and music.

Be it Ohm or Nanon, both of them were good options as his future son-in-law. He didn't mind letting View make a decision on this matter. After all, it was her life.