chapter 3

With Alonso overseeing the new trade operations, the realm is in a very slow economic recovery.

This slow progress does not please the people as much as was hoped. Murmurs of rebellion only grow louder. 

As expected, factions grow with different interests in mind.

Some believe themselves worthy of the throne, while others wish to change the government entirely to a republic system.

Of course these factions are small and isolated, as long as they can't get along with one another.

But that doesn't change that they are still a threat.  

An extremist group launches an attack on a military garrison.  The battle rages on as Y/n arrives with general Alonso and reinforcements.

Alonso: Traitors! We will slaughter them all!

The royal guards stay with Y/n as Alonso and his men charge into the battlefield.

Y/n: Well. I am bored. Guards! With me.

The guards draw their weapons as Y/n draws his mace and runs towards the fighting.

As soon as he arrives he wastes no time in smashing heads. Any fool that wished to fight the king was killed in seconds.

The extremists were hoping for a quick victory, but the long and drawn out battle was draining them of their manpower.

Eventually the battle ended and the remaining captured troops were rounded up and placed on their knees in front of Y/n.

Alonso: The battle is over, my king.

Y/n: What possessed all of you to do such an action? The economy is being fixed as we speak.

Rebel: Because you are not fit to lead! How are we to trust you?! Your family has ruined this realm! Our children starve to death as you live a pompous life!

Y/n stood there and thought over the man's words. The rebels look at each other.

Alonso: My king. We should decide what to do with them here and now. 

At that moment a carriage arrived and Amana ran out.

Amana: Y/n!

Y/n: What is it, Amana?

Amana: I have come to plead for these rebels's lives!

Alonso: What treachery is this?!

Amana: None, you brute! Mi liege, these men are part of a group that only wishes to feed their families. 

Alonso: They attack our garrison and kill our men. They deserve no mercy.

Amana: But we must remember compassion. General if your children died of starvation, you'd raise your axes in rebellion too.

Alonso: Then I'd expect no mercy on myself, if I'd fail!

Amana: Please, Y/n. Spare these men. It is a greater message to show mercy. No civilians were hurt and we can show that we are forgiving.

Attitcus appears from the seemingly out of nowhere with armed guards escorting him.

Attitcus: So short sighted, Amana. They should earn their freedom. The mines need laborers. A bit of forced employment should  let them pay off their debts.

Amana: You just want slaves to fill your coffers! 

Attitcus: Why can't we just have both? After all, it will help our economy. I will still ensure that their families are fed and taken care of.  It can be the start of a new system! 

Y/n: Where were you during the battle Atticus?

Atticus: I was just on my morning stroll. When I saw the garrison under attack. I was going to go hire mercenaries to assist you. But when I saw the general, I knew the battle was over.

Y/n pondered his next move

Option 1 Kill them.  Will give Y/n the reputation of ruthless

Option 2 spare them. Will give Y/n the reputation of  being merciful

Option  3  make them earn freedom. Will give Y/n the reputation of being pragmatic.