8) Past Memories

Awya's POV

Viren was concerned about me. But why? It might be the same general concern which I had for him yesterday.

Ishan made me feel worthless. I know he had tried various things to win me again but there's no going back.

They started teaching us few steps. I had to hold his hand. His another hand was on my waist. We were supposed to maintain the eye contact.

It's so different from the previous time. Last time we were dancing close to each other, we were together. Everything was fabulous. We are once again dancing close to each other yet far away.

Last time when we were holding hands, it gave me butterflies. But this time, for a moment it felt like those butterflies are scratching me. Unfortunately, his every touch reminded me of our lovely moments. Our love.

Last time I was lost in his eyes but this time I couldn't look at them even for a minute. Everything what he did to me jogged my memory.

"Stop! Stop! Stop! What's wrong with you Awya? Where are you lost?" Dhruv interrupted bringing me out of my thoughts. I realized I wasn't focused at all.

"Are you okay Awya? Do you need a break?" Ruchika asked me showing her concern. "No, I am good. Sorry for that. Let's continue." I said trying to calm myself.

I saw Viren looking me. Dancing with Ishan was awkward but seeing Viren with Ishita was awkward too. It looked like he didn't wanted to pair up with her because most of the time his eyes were on me.

I kept myself calm and focused. It was uneasy. This time, I was looking straight in his eyes. I am good at controlling my emotions and that's what I was doing.

I know my body language changes when Ishan is around me but not this time. I was focused and concentrated. He can't affect me again. I can't let him affect me again. I won't let him affect me again.

Ruchika and Dhruv were teaching us some steps and all four of us were following them.

"Okay guys. Let's take a break." Ruchika said after a hour of practice.

I came out of the auditorium to get some fresh air. "I didn't know you are so good at controlling your emotions." I heard a familiar voice and it turned out be Viren. "What?" I said.

"Come on babygirl, I know what you were trying to do." He said while walking towards me.

"And how many times I have to tell you to not call me by these names." I said. "Until you get old." He said jokingly. "You are crazy." I replied and he smiled in return.

"Well, you were uncomfortable, right?" He asked looking at me to which I nodded. "You are quiet good at observing things." I said looking at him. "I am good at everything, babe." He said winking at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I have noticed something." I said after a minute of silence. "And what's that?" He asked me. "That you actually didn't like being paired up with Ishita." I said looking at him. "Anha! Not bad. Not bad. Technically, you are right." He replied.

"I know I am right. But my question is why?" I asked him. "To be honest when they paired us together, I agreed thinking I'll get a chance to tease the hell out of you. But, they switched you and Ishita and if I would have backed off then it won't be fair to her." He said sheepishly.

"Now I can say that I have done some really good deeds, that's why god saved me from you. Otherwise, I would have to tackle a draco." I said to tease him. "That was mean." He said rolling his eyes and I smiled.

He was staring at me as if I am the last women he'll get to see on earth and then he gets a call and he went away to attend it.

Viren's POV

I was talking with her. She was speaking sweetly and she smiled, short but a genuine smile and I realized how beautiful she looks when she smiles. Her lips are beautiful and her smile is the prettiest.

I was busy adoring her and my phone started ringing. It was Lavik. I answered the call "Hey bro! What are you doing?" He said. "I was about to be lost somewhere and you saved me." I said in a sweet tone glancing at her.

"What? Aren't you at your school? Where are you?" He said worriedly. "You have a terrible sense of humour, Lavik." I said rolling my eyes.

"Fine. I didn't call you to know about my sense of humour. I was asking what's your plan for tonight? Are you coming or not?" He asked. "Coming? But where?" He questioned back.

"Wait! Awya didn't tell you?" He asked. "No." I answered.

"Actually, Inaya and Arun are throwing a party as they have completed two years together. And now that I am friends with Myra and you are friends with Awya. They want us to join them. I thought Awya must have informed you by now." He said.

"Oh! No bro, she didn't. Actually, we didn't get the time for all this. Well, that's nice. I think we should go." I said.

"Yes. I was thinking the same. So, bring your ass to Club Inferno at 9:30." He said. "Aren't we going together?" I asked him.

"Actually, I have to pick Myra." He said hesitantly. "Oh! Of course! Of course! Going good buddy." I said to tease him.

"Thanks man! I'll see you there." He said. I hummed and he cut the call.

I went towards Awya who was looking out of the corridor window.

"I thought we have become friends now." I said and she turned towards me. "What?" She said looking at me.

"I mean, I thought we are friends now and you will invite me with love to the party." I said.

"What are you talking about? Which party?" She asked in confusion. "Don't you know?" I asked her and he shook her head.

"Such a bad friend you are." I said and she replied with "Are you done? Now tell me which party?"

"Inaya and Arun are throwing a party tonight at Club Inferno as....." she interrupted "Oh yes yes! We were discussing this yesterday. Inaya had asked me to inform you but in the hustle and bustle of this DD I forgot that. Anyway, are you coming?" She asked me.

"How can I say no to you babygirl." I said with a smile. "You are so dramatic." She said rolling her eyes.

"Guys, Ruchika and Dhruv are calling you inside." We heard a voice and it was Ishan. Awya didn't even looked at him. "Ya thanks! We are coming." I said. He was still standing there looking at Awya and then he went away.

Precap : "Awya, I'll pick you tonight.

"Light me when you're horny af."

So how's this?