THE PROPHECY

Layla could hardly believe her eyes when she saw Katherine. It wouldn't have been shocking to see that Katherine was alive, but now she was in perfect health, and in just ten days. Was that why her parents had been so evasive with her questions?

Sheila continued hoping to help explain the situation:

"Layla, the reason why Katherine is standing here today is because you healed her. With magic."

Sheila's words didn't help in clearing her confusion at all. How did she heal Katherine with magic when she wasn't a mage?

Identifying a mage was easy. A mage had either of these seven hair and eye color respectively: white and icy blue, blue and blue, purple and pink, pink and purple, orange and orange, red and red, and green and green. Layla had brown hair and green eyes, so it was obvious she wasn't a mage.

And even if she was a mage , it didn't explain how she was able to heal Katherine. Magic couldn't heal.

She looked back to Sheila hoping for an explanation. For some reason, the woman loved pausing between her sentences.

"Yes, I know that you're confused about how you're a mage or how you healed Katherine. It's because you're special, Layla. You are the one the prophecy spoke about."

Layla's face darkened at the mention of the prophecy. She knew what the prophecy foretold. It was taught in every level of education, in fact, one didn't even need to be educated to know what the prophecy was. She didn't remember what exactly the prophecy said, but she knew the prophecy foretold the coming of a danger and a savior would come to prevent the danger.

If the prophecy was related to her, it was either she was the danger or the savior. And considering the fact that they hadn't already killed her in her sleep, it meant she was the savior. Honestly, she would prefer to be neither of them.

"It seems you have already understood the situation. Layla, you're the one the prophecy mentioned would save the world. But you being here also means that the danger is already near. We need to prepare, and for that, we need to train you so that you will have the strength to fight the danger coming. So, will you come to the Academy with us? "

With the way Sheila asked, it would seem like Layla had a choice in the matter, when it was infact the opposite. Mages didn't get to choose whether they wanted to go to the Academy or not. A decree stated that all mages were required to attend the Academy. Layla was a special mage, so it was even worse for her.

Layla didn't reply to Sheila's question, instead her father did.

"It is an honor to have the savior in our household and it would be even more of an honor to have her attend the Academy."

Layla heaved a sigh. Just like that she had been admitted to the Academy.