Riveria hurriedly chugged the mana potion, gulping it greedily, desperately trying to fill her mana. She knew that the magic, as strong as it was, wouldn't be enough to kill that abomination.

And she was right.

A cackling sound echoed, entering the adventurers' ears. Soon it evolved into a crazed laughter. It sounded like two metals scraping against each other.

The adventurers glared and watched with bated breath as the smoke cleared, revealing the creature.

It stood there, a scorched ground under its feet, charred flesh smoking all over its body.

"That one actually hurts, you bitch!" The creature spoke, its voice laced with anger as it looked at Riveria with a predatory snarl. "I'm gonna enjoy tearing you to pieces."

Riveria, with shaky knees, pulled herself up, using her staff as a crutch. She stared defiantly at the creature as her mana boomed once again.

The adventurers took a deep breath as they willed their bodies to force mana out once again.

"RARHGHHH!!!" Finn was the first to move once again, his spear no longer having a blade, raised up in the sky, he charged forward. The rest not far behind, screaming their own war cry as they dashed towards the creature who received them with open arms, all determined to do their job for the civilians to flee from this city.

Fear may have gripped their hearts, but they wouldn't back down, and the creature relished and marveled at their determination, knowing full well that it was all for naught.

.
.
.
.
.

The evacuation of the city was being rushed, as explosions from the amphitheater could be heard all over the city. The adventurers could feel the vibration of mana in the air.

Their faces darkened as they thought about those who stayed behind to slow the creature down and buy them time.

One of those adventurers was August. He clenched his spear as he looked back at the amphitheater, their mana telling the story as it was. The adventurers who stayed didn't really have a chance.

It was like comparing an ant to an elephant; with the Theïkó óplo, he could sense mana more clearly, and the difference between the level 6s and the level 9 creature was like night and day.

He grimaced at the fact that those who stayed behind were using every bit of mana in their bodies just to keep up with the creature who wasn't even taking them seriously.

It was toying with them. August could sense it all too clearly, it was giving the adventurers false hope, that what they were doing was going to make a difference.

But it wasn't, the creature would come for the evacuees, it was biding its time, entertaining itself with Finn and company before it slaughtered the people of the city.

"Is there really nothing I can do?!" August felt a sensation, one that he had forgotten, a feeling of helplessness. "Am I really this pathetic?!"

His mind jumped back to 9 years ago when he watched his family get slaughtered like cattle. His mind replayed each and every death, from his brother Ludwig, who got decapitated without even knowing what happened.

His infant sister, Maya, a babe only 8 months old, her head crushed at the hands of an orc. Her body was tossed aside to feed the frenzy of goblins who ripped her flesh with their claws and teeth.

His mother, Kristin, how she pleaded and begged for the life of her sister, how the monsters stabbed her to death and gorged on her flesh in front of his eyes.

And his father, Siegfried, who protected him until the end, how he could only watch as the orc swung its axe down, how he was useless and weak.

He made a promise to himself, to his family's grave, to be strong, to never suffer that fate again.

Darkness oozed out of his body, his wounds closed as his mana was forcefully pushed out of his system.

"I refuse to be weak! I refuse to have a repeat of the past!" his voice was laced with venom as he glared at the amphitheater.

His eyes snapped to his spear, to the Theïkó óplo, to Beowulf. He gripped the spear tightly. His voice cold and angry. "Oi! I don't care what it takes! Give me everything!" he cast aside his pride, his arrogance.

A dark voice echoed in his mind. "What's this? I thought you said you didn't want to rely on my power? What happened to that bravado, my master?"

"Shut up! Give me everything! You said that when I broke the chain that you've grown in power! Give me that power! GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THAT'S IT, MY MASTER!!! ASK FOR MY POWER!!! USE IT!!! SLAUGHTER YOUR ENEMIES WITH IT!!!" Beowulf's voice boomed inside August's head. The mana surrounding him grew stronger and stronger by the seconds. Red crimson lightning crackled in the air, making the space around him crack.

The adventurers stared in awe and fear at August. The mana he possessed felt as sinister as the abomination in the amphitheater... No... It felt even darker.

They felt a looming sense of death emanating from August; the sky started to darken, black clouds started to form. The sound of thunder boomed on the horizon.

"But be warned, my master. Your body can't handle my power as it is right now. There will be a price. Are you prepared to pay it?" The voice inside August's head sounded amused as it asked.

"Yes... Give me everything you can give... BEOWULF!!!" August said coldly.

"So be it." The voice answered as the very space started to shake.

A huge amount of mana exploded in the air; the clouds above started to stir, stronger and stronger, a storm was brewing in Orario, and at its eye was August.

Death gripped everyone in the city. Like a hand just grasped their hearts.

The gods stood petrified, a sense of impending doom took hold over their bodies. A primal fear dug deep into their very soul; the eyes of the predator had opened and were looking at its prey.

Red lightning crashed where August stood, his body growing larger, stronger, his veins crackling with red electricity as it sparked all over his body, coiling around him, like a living armor made up of a static current of red crimson blood.

The spear in his hand looked more sinister; its color changed from jet black obsidian to a more malicious blood crimson red. His hair stood as his body absorbed the lightning that struck his body from the skies.

Tattoos of red lines started to creep out of his neck, forming an intricate pattern that looked like his veins.

The ground where he stood melted as it was hit by the sparks of lightning that flowed all over his body. He had now become the true embodiment of death.

 He had now become the true embodiment of death

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

***

Chapter 87 is done now, how do you guys like the story so far?

Please leave a comment, a review and feedback so I can improve on writing this fanfic. every little thing helps as it allows me to see your preference on things and would help me write a better fanfic for you all to enjoy.

thanks for picking up this fanfic. hope you guys like it.

good day, love y'all.