"Wake your ass up" he spoke into the phone, bringing the blunt back up to his lips for a drag.

"Caine?" Nia coughed out, getting her mind out of sleep mode and blinking gently.

"Nobody else should be calling you this late."

Caine immediately said, defensive as fuck when it came to her. Nia was slightly sitting up against the headboard of her bed, rubbing her eyes gently as she yawned softly.

"Talk to me baby." Caine said dominantly and slightly impatient to hear her soft sleepy voice. Even after he just got defensive with her, he genuinely just wanted to hear her voice while he smoked his blunt.

"I'm not your baby Caine." Shaking her head into the phone at his crazy antics. But she couldn't lie and say her heart didn't pound harder against her chest when hearing I'm say that in the tone he did.

"Mhmm" Caine mumbled back, blowing the smoke out his mouth.

"What you doing Caine? Is something wrong?"

Caine couldn't help but groan slightly at the sound of her voice saying that. Niggas don't ever ask him that shit off rip. Nobody asks him that. They just expect him to be good all the fucking time and don't care if he is or if he isn't. But that ain't no shit that Nia be on. She immediately was asking him even if she didn't even fuck wit the nigga like that. What was up with this girl?

"I'm good ma I just wanted to hear your voice."

Nia softly bit her lip at his words. Nodding her head gently as if she could see him. Once she realized he couldn't she laughed slightly under her breath at her own antics.

"What's funny?"

"Nothing i had just was nodding and you couldn't even see me."

"Don't be nodding anymore." Caine said licking his lips as he brought his lighter up to his blunt again to get that bitch back jumping.

"You say yes to me rd?"

She was ready to nod again and Caine knew it, clearing his throat so she took the time to correct herself.

"Y-yes." She mumbled, crossing her legs together and squeezing them. Her thighs gripping one another together to control the pulse dancing between her legs right now.

"Good girl." Caine leaned his head back against the seat blowing the smoke out his mouth. Nia was blushing like crazy, way too much to even be able to say something back. Just sitting there with her legs gripping one another, her back against the headboard and her phone to her ear talking to a man she didn't know much about. Maybe she should get to know him if he clearly didn't plan on leaving her alone right now.

"How old you is?" Nia finally blurted out. Had to work herself up to even ask him a simple question.

"23, you?"

"I'm 18."

"Mhmm" Caine responded, taking in this new information about her. Caine knew how to carry a conversation when he was actually untreated in it. So when it came to Nia he knew that shit would come easy to him.

"Who in your crib right now?" Caine asked, didn't know why but was just curious.

"It's me, my mother and I heard Trey come in before I went to sleep."

Caine hummed in response.

"Who in yours?" She raised a brow, wondering who all he had in his place to.

"You sound like you jealous or sumn" Caine let out a light smirk, just thinking about the cute little mug she gave him earlier that could possibly be on her face right now.

"I'm- I'm not jealous!" She said immediately getting defensive and rolling her eyes.

"Yea yea whatever you say shordy. But I'm not even in my crib right now. Even if I was it's only me in there. "

"You get lonely?" Nia questioned, curious to know what went through Caine's mind when he was alone in his own home. Nia lived with people and even she felt alone with them here.

"Yea ma." Caine said with a soft breath. Also breathing out some smoke. He sat his blunt down in a cup and watched the light go down as he listened for Nia to say something else to him but he decided to be the one to speak up.

"You do to." He assumed when she didn't have a response. Nia was ready to nod again but knew he'd hate it and also couldn't see it happening.

"Yes all the time. But it'll all be okay" she whispered to him, as if it was a secret between just him and her. Something that would work itself out for the both of them. They both found comfort in Nias whispered little secret. Like it would work out for them, like they wouldn't have to feel the creeping loneliness for much longer now.

"Go back to sleep Nia." Caine said after a couple minutes. Licking his lips as he stared at the time on the dash of his car.

"You want me to hang up Caine?"

"No Nia." 'I never want you to hang up.' Caine didn't say the last part out loud but he meant what he thought wholeheartedly.

He could hear Nia shuffling around on her bed. Getting her body back into the position she was in before he had called and interrupted her beauty sleep. She put her phone back onto the charger but then placed the phone right back on her ear so Caine could hear her sleeping. Caine didn't know why but he liked just hearing her breathe and knowing she was okay and alive.

"Good night Caine."

"Goodnight Nia."