𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘤𝘩

Hana slid a muffin tin into the oven and turned back to look at Izzy scrolling on her phone. The brunette grinned at her screen and covered her mouth. "What did Hyunjin post?" Hana sighed. Izzy turned her phone around to show the slightly shorter girl.

hynjinnnn 1 hour ago

liked by -astranvv and othershynjinnnn <3

hynjinnnn <3

"It's so crazy that I have this man's contact," Izzy said giddily. "I could message him right now if I wanted to. Actually, I will." Hana smiled at her friend, making sure to set a timer for the muffins.

izzy
those new instagram photos look awesome

hyunjin
i thought you would like them :)

izzy
very much so 🤭

hyunjin
anything for the pretty girl who's obsessed with me

izzy
🥰

Meanwhile at the other apartment, Ryan pulled up outside and shut off his motorcycle. He and Astran were planning on going out for lunch together but first he had to go upstairs to get him. The brunette climbed up the three flights of stairs since the elevator had been broken for a month. Then he let himself in with the spare key Astran had given him when they first moved in.

Ophelia and Rome waved when Ryan walked in, then went back to watching their show. Soomin's door was shut so they were probably busy editing. Astran's door however, was slightly cracked so Ryan walked over and pushed it gently. The blond boy was sitting at his desk, laughing loudly at something. As Ryan looked closer, he could see that Astran was calling Changbin. Again. The pair were so focused on each other that neither noticed the tall boy in the background. Something in his stomach twisted, and he quietly left the apartment, not bothering to say goodbye to the duo watching Netflix in the living room.

Ryan drove home, going way over the speed limit in some places but not really caring. He just wanted to be home. The parking job was one of the worst he had ever done but it didn't really matter since his motorcycle was small enough to not bother any of the cars.

He stormed into the house, banging his shoulder on the doorframe in the process. Hana and Izzy watched the boy go into his room and slam the door, then exchanged a look. Izzy grabbed one of the muffins that was still slightly warm and padded her way to Ryan's room.

"Hey. What's up?" she asked after shutting the door behind her and sitting beside the brunette on his bed. His hands unclasped from behind his head and he silently took the muffin, not speaking a word until only the wrapper was left.

"It's just... I knew I was going to see Astran fall in love with someone else eventually. But I didn't know it was going to hurt so much," Ryan mumbled. Izzy could see his eyes watering even though he was avoiding eye contact.

"Ryan..." Izzy wrapped an arm around his shoulders, squeezing him comfortingly. His head tipped to rest on her. "I'm so sorry. Falling for your best friend is really rough. But I know that there is a boy out there who's going to make you so happy one day. I don't think he's Astran, but he does love you and he'll always be your friend. Maybe this will help you get over him too," Izzy whispered. Her heart hurt for Ryan's sadness. She hated seeing him like this but she always knew she would eventually. Astran was always going to be an unrequited first love, and she knew that the first time Ryan came to her, upset about how he was feeling.

It wasn't Astran's fault, but she couldn't help being a little protective over Ryan. Izzy hugged the older boy tightly. He'd get through this eventually.

notes!

wow this is short lol