Chapter 40 - Deceit, Confrontations, and Magical Showdowns

Start from the beginning

I turn to look at Vincent, "You do too."

Vincent chuckles again as he shakes his head, "You and your children are the only one from that clan that I have any fondness for, Phoebe."

I smile at him gratefully, knowing that it's not easy for anyone to feel that way towards anyone associated with the Mikaelsons.

Cami returns to me and I give Vincent another smile, bidding him goodbye before I led Cami to my car and put Henrik in his carseat.

As I drive towards the quarter, Cami looks at Henrik through the mirror before breaking the silence we had created around us.

"Where are the twins today?" She questions, looking at me.

I smile slightly but keep my eyes on the road as I answer, "Rebekah asked to take them for the day, give me some time alone with Henrik."

Cami nods, "How are they doing?"

I let out a small laugh, "As mischievous as ever."

"Well, they are Mikaelsons after all." Cami comments with a slight smile which makes me grin.

We climb into out the car and I put Henrik in stroller as we opt to walk the streets instead of driving. We stand in front of Rousseau's, I scout the area for Strixs or Marcel as I recommend, "Let's sit inside."

Cami raises a brow as she opens the door, "Hiding from someone?"

"Marcel wants something from me that I am not sure I can give him." I tell her, cryptically but she doesn't ask anymore questions on the matter as she claims the closet empty table, ordering herself some alcohol  before  looking back at me as she waits for me to talk.

I sigh out as I pull the broken pendant from my pocket and place in front of her before settling in my chair as I spare a look at Henrik.

Cami picks up the necklace with the broken stone and examines it closely. "What is it?" She asks, her curious eyes flickering up to mine.

"If a witch is powerful enough, they can channel their magic into an object that becomes imbued with that power. The objects can be used as a source of power or to trap powerful beings within." I explain, watching as Cami's eyes widen in realization.

"You put Finn in this." She concludes as she lifts the pendent again, looking it over.

"He was in there." I say which makes her pause and her gaze shifts from the pendant to me, "Was?"

"These powerful objects do have a weakness against the magic that created it. In this case, mine. When I went against Dahlia, I cracked it and then when I can birth to Henrick," I glance down at my son before looking back at her, "I hemorrhaged magic and created a magical event of types which broke the pendant all together."

"What happened to Finn then?"

I take a deep breath, bracing myself before answering Cami's question.

"He is no longer in the pendant. I don't know if he used the magic I released to escape or if his spirit died when the pendant broke." I say, watching Cami who is shocked into silence but I could see the wheels turning in her head.