Chapter 40: 1 + 1 + 1 = 1

Start from the beginning

"I'll take this one then." Lola Agnes took her pick as well.

"Do you want to sit there and eat with me?" Kaela pointed to the sofa.

"Sure, dear." Lola Agnes smiled.

"I'll hold your hand!" Kaela held Lola's hand and walked her to the sofa.

"Why is she so sweet!" Jill squealed as they watched Kaela sit next to Lola Agnes, waiting for Lola to bite into her bread before doing so herself.

"Oh right! Great grandma, give me a second!" Kaela set her plate down and ran up to Atty Leni.

"Yes, Apo?" Atty Leni bent down.

"Which one do you want? Kaela will take it for you!" Kaela led Atty Leni to the table.

"Hmm, why don't you pick one for me? I like anything my Apo picks." Atty Leni smiled.

"This one!" Kaela grabbed one after some thought.

"Thank you, Apo." Atty Leni took the plate over from Kaela.

"Is this what a proud parent feels like?" Jayden whispered to Tricia.

"We still have a long way to go." Tricia whispered back.

"Kids learn from their parents. I won't worry too much if I were you two." Aika commented.

~

"Good morning, Anak." Tricia called out softly to Kaela.

"Good morning, Mummy." Kaela smiled upon recognising her mother.

"Daddy's helping Great Grandma at her bakery, do you want to go visit them?" Tricia suggested.

"Yes please!" Kaela got out of bed immediately.

"This is your first time here, right Anak?" Tricia and Kaela were standing in front of the shop.

" Uh huh...but it smells really good!" Kaela took a deep breath.

"Your great grandma and Daddy make the best bread in the neighborhood." Tricia grinned.

"Daddy! Great grandma!" Kaela ran into the shop excitedly.

"Kaela!" Lola Agnes got up from the counter.

"Good morning, great grandma!" Kaela greeted.

"Good morning to you too, dear." Lola Agnes gave Kaela a peck on the cheek.

"Where's Daddy?" Kaela looked around the bakery.

"In here, precious!" Jayden called out from the kitchen.

"Can we go in?" Kaela tugged at Tricia's hand.

"How about we wait outside here for Daddy? It's a little dangerous with the ovens inside." Tricia didn't want to risk Kaela injuring herself.

"You can help me with the cashier if you like?" Lola Agnes offered.

"Okay!" Kaela nodded.

"I'll go in to help Jayden." Tricia left Kaela with Lola.

"Morning, sinta." Jayden gave Tricia a morning kiss.

"It's smells good today..." Tricia took a whiff of the freshly baked bread.

"Are you happier to see me or the pandesals?" Jayden pouted.

"Both. Why are you sulking, big baby?" Tricia chuckled as she poked Jayden's dimples.

"I have pandesals on me too." Jayden was referring to his six-pack.

"I prefer edible ones, thank you." Tricia eyed the tray of bread next to Jayden.