Chapter 27: Missing You

"Patty.." Aika gently called out to Tricia. 

"Ate...what time is it?" Tricia's eyes were still hurting from crying the whole night.

"9 am...do you want something to eat? I heard from your colleagues that you haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning." Aika was worried about her sister.

"I'm not hungry." Tricia hugged the stuffed toy on her bed. It was the mango stuffed toy that Jayden won for her.

"Not even these?" Jill entered the room with a plate of pandesals, her birthday present.

"I don't even know if he's alive..." Tricia had cried herself dry, there weren't tears left to shed.

"Alex? Do you have any updates on Jayden?" Tricia asked the second she picked up the call from Alex. 

"I'm sorry Doc Tricia, but I promise that we're doing everything we can. We want Jayden back as much as you do." Alex was equally anxious and desperate. 

"I'm sorry I can't be of any help..." Tricia hated that she couldn't do anything.

"Actually, Sir wanted me to call you because of Lola..." Tricia could hear the hesitance in Alex's voice.

"Lola...does she know?" Tricia was so absorbed in her own emotions, she forgot about Lola.

"About that...Sir was thinking that you'd be the best person to tell Lola." Alex sighed. 

"Where is Lola now?" Tricia got off her bed immediately, much to Aika and Jill's surprise.

"Staying at Det Torres' house. Tita Ella is there, she'll be waiting for you." Alex informed. 

"I'll head there now. Thanks, Alex." Tricia hung up and started pulling clothes out of her closet.

"Where are you going?" Aika held Tricia's hand.

"To talk to Lola. She doesn't know that Jayden's missing yet..."  Tricia wasn't sure how she was going to tell Lola either.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Aika offered. Emotional support was the only thing the Robredos could offer.

"We'll be here with you." Jill side-hugged Tricia.

"Tricia? What brings you here?" Lola Agnes was surprised to see Tricia and her sisters at the door.

"I have something to tell you, Lola. About Jayden." Tricia took a deep breath.

"Apo? Is he okay?" Lola knew something was up. In fact, she had a bad sensing ever since yesterday.

"There was an explosion, and when the team got there, Jayden was gone. They've lost contact with him." Tricia had delivered countless bad news as a physician, but nothing hurt more than this.

"Lola!" The Robredo sisters caught Lola Agnes as her legs gave way.

"Apo...Apo's alive, di ba?" Lola gripped Tricia's hands tightly. Just a day ago, Tricia was holding onto Sabrina the same way. 

"I...Hindi ko po alam, Lola. No one does." Tricia felt herself hesitate for a moment before telling Lola the the truth.

"Apo..." Lola felt her head spin and vision blur. Seconds later, her world turned black. 

"Ate Aiks, I need a pillow or something to elevate Lola's legs. Jill, I need some space. Ate Ella, can I get some water for when Lola wakes up?" Tricia jumped into her doctor mode upon seeing Lola unconscious from shock.

"Lola, can you hear us?" Tricia called out softly as Lola's eyes slowly opened after a minute.

"What...what happened?" Lola Agnes found herself lying on the couch with Ella, Aika, Tricia and Jill staring worriedly at her.