Chapter 33: Finale Part 1

"Cairos, I didn't expect us to be working together like this." Det Torres shook the hand of the PDEA officer.

"Diablo has my best man with him. I need Luke back." Cairos returned the handshake.

"Same here." Det Torres shrugged. Only that Jayden was more than a mere subordinate.

"PDEA is ready for action. How about CIDG?" Cairos as no stranger to such operations.

"So are we. But can I ask a favour of you?" Det Torres hesitated for a while.

"Go ahead." Cairos nodded. It was rare that his police academy buddy would ask for a favour.

"Years ago, Diablo killed my best friend and his wife. Jayden was the only survivor of that horrific accident. I want due justice to be done." Det Torres let out a long sigh.

"I'll capture him alive and make him pay for his crimes. Don't worry." Cairos patted Det Torres on the back.

"Thank you." Det Torres smiled as he geared up.

"Team, we're ready." The two team leaders ordered through their in-ears.

"Yes Sir." The replies of two reliable teams were heard through the earpiece.

~

"Boss, do you really trust Jayden?" Dagger was in Diablo's office.

"What are you saying again?" Diablo narrowed his eyes at the man.

"I mean, he's still a cop. What if he's been lying to you all these while?" Dagger suggested.

"You think I'm an idiot? I would have noticed if he was trying to play me." Diablo was agitated.

"I don't mean it that way, Boss. I just wanted to make sure we don't get played by the cops. Better to be safe than sorry." Dagger explained.

"So what idea do you have?" Diablo knew the glint in Dagger's eyes.

"Bring his lover here. If he's regained his memory, there's no way he won't break in front of her." Dagger snickered.

"Lover? You mean that pretty doctor?" Diablo thought out loud.

"If you want, I can get bring her here immediately." Dagger offered. With a flick of the wrist, Dagger left the room with a heinous smile.

"Let's see if you can remain smug after this, Jayden." Dagger scoffed.

"Sabrina! I need Doc Tricia's location now!" Det Torres' eyes widened at the message he just received. Tricia.

"Sir, Doc Tricia isn't picking up!" Sabrina couldn't get through.

"Call the hospital!" Det Torres ordered.

"Nurse Rose said she left 30 minutes ago...Do you think Diablo's got her?" Sabrina spoke the thought on everyone's minds.

"Get in touch with Ms Aika and see if they can reach her. Trace her phone while you're at it. Let me know when you have updates, I have to go." The entire team was waiting for Det Torres.

"Yes Sir." Sabrina got to work immediately, praying that Tricia would be safe.

"Nurse Rose? Did you manage to reach Doc Tricia?" Sabrina picked up the call.

"No...but we found her things in the carpark...Is Doc Tricia in danger?" Nurse Rose's worry could be heard over the phone.

"Uh...we're trying out best to track her but things don't look very good..." Sabrina didn't know how to react.