Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.

Start from the beginning

He began to sort all his ducks in a row, starting with Isis.

Isis was currently in an extremely vulnerable state. Her magic was sealed, her memories were tampered with, yet she was showing noticeable improvement in her condition. He, at least, must prevent her from getting her memories back. If she does, then everything that he had done would be for naught. To do that, he would need Professor Luna's cooperation.

"Ah, this is so damn frustrating."

Archwatt let out a curse, which was rare for him to do nowadays in the face of everything that was happening. There was a not only a holy war on the horizon against not only his neighboring country, but also with the demons as well with their insane try-it-till-it-works attack strategy of reviving their king and re-raising the armies of monsters that follow him. He is low on the funding needed to support such expenses, and the constant interference with dragons in the meantime was not doing him any favors.

His people were dying as he sat. Time was literally of the essence. There was a limit to what the current healers could do; He needed to buy time.

Archwatt rubbed his face with his hands, stretching his skin when his hands slowly slid down in attempts to calm himself.

'The best solution to the current situation in my own capital is to find a magician that can dispel the lingering draconic mana of the Death Dragon and either more healers, or a healer that can completely cure the sick.' Archwatt pondered,

Of course...

Isis and Professor Luna were the only two people Archwatt could think of that fit both criteria. The thing is, Isis is currently unable to access her mana thanks to him, so he could only feel like he shot himself in the foot. He could order the unsealing of her mana, but there was no telling just how much quicker she would recover from the effects of the already unstable demonic magic that was casted by a human.

And Professor Luna... He was still healing from his fight with Isis. Her sword pierced his body, so it was a difficult wound to heal.

Truthfully, Archwatt still loved Isis. His love, he had come to realize just a few weeks ago, was way too much to direct at a child- even if he didn't know the whole truth at the time. So Archwatt came up with the plan to make her his daughter, that way he would be able to show his affection in a more proper manner, like a doting father, and not have the haunting thought in the back of his mind of committing evil against an innocent child. He realized that he would be satisfied if Isis was "connected" to him in some way, so this was enough to satisfy him.

So, to willingly relinquish his control was a tough decision for him now, even in the face of impending doom. Archwatt knew that his way of thinking was not the correct one, yet he felt like, even if he had a sword to his throat demanding that he change it, he wouldn't comply. It was such an ugly desire.

Having decided on something, Archwatt stood up from his seat of the twin black couches. Taking in a deep breath, he voiced his new orders to the man sitting across from him,

"Hear me, Professor Luna," Archwatt's voice boomed. Having realized that Archwatt was giving him a command, Professor Luna kneeled before him, "You are to monitor the situation in the capital and continue to assist wherever your abilities can be of help. Be it restoring order, healing patients, or providing service, you are to do everything you can while I make preparations. Do I make myself clear?"

"As your Majesty commands." Professor Luna bowed his head, accepting the order.

Though Luna personally had other interests in mind, it was his loyalty to his country and emperor that prevented him from clashing against Archwatt anymore than was necessary. Though he was young, and currently had the interest of the people as his highest priority. He was a fine man and has proven to have enough grit to weather constant setbacks, so providing a little more help was the least he could do outside of his tutoring.