Chapter Fourty Four

Dario just blinked at her, "Uh, it's a little hard for me to give you a demonstration without a... subject."

She narrowed her eyes at him, then spun around and jammed her finger into the button on one of the holo discs sitting on the table. The button flashed twice, and then a projection appeared in the air. She tapped the projection a few times and a page was pulled up. It was backwards from my view, but there was a picture of Dario on it, as well as a lot of words.

"Dario Calvin Bentley..." The scientist read from somewhere on the page, "Ability: memory control." She tapped her mouth with her pen, before screaming, "Carol! Get over here!"

Carol- a short woman with curly silver hair who looked to be in her twenties- walked into the room. "Yes?" She asked shyly.

"Stand in front of the boy." The scientist demanded, pointing a finger at Dario. Carol did so. She crossed her arms, "Carol, remember the words apple, pencil, table. Repeat it back to me."

"Apple, p-pencil, table..." Carol mumbled, glancing over her shoulder at the scientist.

"Good. Now Mr. Bentley, I want you to make Carol forget those words."

"W-what?" Carol asked, her eyes going wide. She glanced at Dario, "How can he... How do you do that?"

Dario sighed and stepped closer to Carol and stared into her eyes. She stammered a lot, but didn't move; probably couldn't move if her superior told her to stay put. Suddenly, her stammering cut off and she just stared back at Dario looking somewhat confused. Dario stepped back and crossed his arms. "Done." He said.

"D-done? What do you mean 'done'?" Carol asked, glancing over her shoulder to look at the tall scientist.

"What were the three words I told you to remember earlier?" The scientist asked.

"What d-d-do you mean?" Carol asked, "You just barely called me in here and I don't recall you telling me anything earlier..."

"Thank you, Carol, you're good to go."

"Wha--"

"Go."

At the woman's tone, Carol bowed her head and walked out the room, muttering to herself. The moment the door snapped closed behind her, all four of the scientists scribbled more notes on their clipboards. Once they were finally done, the long haired scientist who seemed to be doing all the talking spoke.

"Now that that's over with, we're gonna interview each of you individually." she pointed her pen at Olwyn, "You're with me. Let's go."

Olwyn rolled her eyes and kicked off the wall and started to follow the scientist. I didn't see where they went though, because then the short-haired scientist stepped in front of me. "Hello, I'm gonna to interview you about your experience with the metamorphosis process." She said softly.

"Yeah, yeah, get on with it." I said, waving a hand.

"Right this way." She said, nodding her head and turning towards a door on the side of the room.

I sighed and followed her out of the room to wherever we were gonna do the interview. The interview that she was about to get nothing from, because I hardly remember a thing from my metamorphosis.