Chapter Eighteen

I nearly choked on the strawberry I was chewing on. I had to show around this kid? If Cathleen couldn't handle him I definitely couldn't handle him. And I don't think she will be pleased if I stab a knife through his heart his first day here.

I must've been making a stupid face, because Harvey was smirking at me. Through the corner of my eye I could see Alexsandra giving me a pitying glance. I forced myself to straighten and sit in an almost bored position, something I learned from Olwyn. I popped another strawberry into my mouth and nodded my head in greeting. Harvey's smirk just grew wider, and I really wanted to throw an iron fisted punch at his face, see who's smirking then. But then Cathleen turned back toward Harvey who looked at her.

"Well, that's about everything I have to say to you. I have a meeting to get to so I'll leave you with that." Cathleen nodded her head in greeting to everyone at our table then walked out of the dining hall.

Harvey walked over to our table and rested his elbow right in front of my bowl of strawberries, his chin resting on his hand. "So, um, Sage was it? I think you owe me a tour of this fancy new building I now live in."

I pressed my lips together and leaned back in my chair, "I don't think I owe you anything. And also, you get to live here, so don't expect to be treated like the king of the place. Now let's go so I can make it back in time for my boarding relay race."

I stood up and stormed toward the door, Harvey on my tail. I could almost feel the steam rising off of me and the smirk he was shooting in my direction. This was torture. I've known this kid for less than a minute and I am ready to kill him.

* * *

"And this is the hallway leading to the rooms. Ask Frank the butler who walks around the place where your room is. Or you can just choose a random one. I don't care." I decided to give him the tour that Alexsandra gave me, adding a few things of my own. I didn't leave much room for Harvey to speak, meaning that it was bearable. "And that's pretty much all that's interesting about this place. Any questions?"

"Uh, just one." Harvey said, folding his arms and leaning against the wall, "Is there any competition?"

"Er, we do occasionally have hoverboarding races, if you're good at it."

Harvey just laughed, "No, I mean do I have any competition?"

"For what?" I asked, folding my arms. I could tell this guy was pulling my leg, but I forced myself to remain patient.

"For you of course." Harvey said, smirking so hard I wanted to scream. I had it coming didn't I? Dang you Cathleen. I thought, pressing my lips together, Why the heck did you make me show this guy around? He's such a moron!

"If you're asking if I have a boyfriend the answer is no. If you're implying that you're gonna try to be with me I only have one reply to that: in your dreams. Now if that's all, I have to go boarding with my friend." With that, I turned on my heel and headed outside where I knew Alexsandra was waiting for me.