Student Life

It was a new school day and the English period went by fairly quickly for Hajin. Present Mic was not a bad teacher, but it was due to the fact it was incredibly boring as a subject for him. He had to learn English as a young boy and due to it, now can speak perfect American English. What surprised him was when Miyoung spoke in English, it was in an Australian accent.

During lunch Hajin got out of his seat and walked to Miyoung who was putting things away into her backpack.

"You wanna get lunch together?" Hajin asked. Miyoung couldn't help but smile as she nodded. The two soon exited the class and walked to the cafeteria.

"So... you can also speak English?" Hajin asked in perfect American English.

Miyoung was surprised when Hajin spoke English as well, she had the said reaction written all over her face.

"I can..." Miyoung had a playful smile as she smacked his shoulder as if to say 'and so can you.'

The two walked to the cafeteria and lined up for food by the pro-hero Lunch Rush.

"So, where did you learn English?" Hajin asked. He had some conclusions, but he didn't want to voice them as he wanted to confirm them first.

"My Dad is from Australia," she said, "I learned English from him and have been to Australia during holidays or vacations as Americans call it."

"Well I am American," Hajin said, "my Father is Japanese-American. He was born and raised in America, he decided to move to Japan when he graduated High School."

"Your Mother?" Miyoung asked.

"She's from Korea as you can tell from my first name and the fact I can speak Korean," Hajin said, "she moved to Japan when she was in High School and met my Father in college. What about you?"

"My Mother lived in Australia for quite some time and met my Dad," Miyoung said, "I was born In Australia and moved to Korea when I was seven. When I told my parents I wanted to go to school in Japan, my parents supported me and helped me get a place and moved next door to you."

The two soon got their lunches and smiled at each other as they were trading stories of their early lives.

———

By the time lunch ended, the Hero Training period began and the class was waiting for their teacher. Hajin felt so stuffed from eating a massive lunch earlier and didn't really want to move as he sunk into his chair.

"I am..." the voice said.

Hajin raised a brow as All Might entered the classroom in an eccentric manner, "coming through the door like a normal person."

As all the students were starstruck to see their favorite hero as their teacher, Hajin thought to himself, 'A normal person would never enter the classroom the way you did...'

All Might stood on the podium as he started to talk.

"I teach Hero Basic Training," All Might said, "it is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today..."

He showed a card that said, "Battle."

"Combat training!" All Might bellowed.

Hajin started to get interested, "Combat training... this is gonna be fun."

"And to go with that are these!" All Might pointed to a wall that had four different colored columns. It showed numbers representing seat numbers for the corresponding student.