You cracked a light laugh as you shook your head. "Never. Not one time in my life did I ever thought to myself that I be better off not knowing you at all, let alone feeling tired of seeing you."

"But promise me one thing? If we ever do feel that way in some point in our lives, please talk things through okay?" She said as you showed your pinky finger on the screen. Hanni smiled as she did the same thing. "Promise." You and her said together.

"Good night snore king." She teased. "Good night mini Pham." You fired back as she laughed before hanging up her phone.

You placed your phone down as you leaned back against the headboard with a sigh. After a few moments you got off your bed then went to your desk and sat down.

Turning the lamp desk on, you reached for the cabinet by the side of the table then you took out a notebook. This was not the usual notebook you carried around with every day.

The note book is a special one to you because as far as Hanni knew about your hobby of writing poems in the other small notebook she's familiar with, this one's a secret you've been keeping from her.

For the past year, you wrote a poem or two in this specific book but unlike the usual one where the stuffs you wrote were usually random, this book's specifically written by you about Hanni, hoping that one day you will be brave enough to give it to her.

From weeks, to months, you've been telling yourself to hand the book to her but every time you were about to do it, your heart just won't let you and now it reached a year mark and the book's almost reaching its final part of the pages.

You turned to a new page as the pen in your hand touched the paper and started writing.

"I just wish we weren't impossible
I don't know, there is something

about you I like a lot

I lied. There isn't something I like
about you
It's everything about you
I like a lot

There is something about you and me
that I know would work
I swear it would work

But of course for that to happen
we have to be impossible

and of course it's funny right?

Truth is, I can't help that this idea
that I had in my head
It feels a little bit like a comfort

The comfort of the thought that you could
never be mine.
You will never be mine

There are no consequences
Nothing will be at stake if I lie.

But truth be told
I just love you too much to even lie"

But truth be toldI just love you too much to even lie"

Two months later.

Hanni drove her way to their favorite hanging out spot, Minji's ice cream shop. She thankfully passed her driving test last month and every now and then she would be driving around if you couldn't make the time.

Minji was getting the cashier ready when her phone rang. Someone's video calling her as she looked at her screen before smiling widely.

"Hi~" She answered cheerfully as she sat down. "Did you sleep well?" A male voice echoed from her phone as she stood her phone by the cashier. "Yes of course."

As Minji was talking, Hanni walked into the shop with her signature "Kim Minji~". Minji could only gave Hanni a wave as she's still talking with the person behind the phone.

"Who's calling?" Hanni asked as she stood at the other side of the counter. "My brother, Mingyu." Minji answered as Hanni became excited as well.

She went over to Minji as she waved at Minji's brother. "Hi~ It's been a while." Hanni said as Mingyu just waved at her back.

"How's Uni life over there?" He asked. "Fun but tiring. Mostly tiring." Hanni answered with a pout. "You guys hang in there. Where's your other friends? The two boys?"

"Oh Yongjae's busy with his literature club and Yongbok's probably at home preparing to go back to Australia." Minji answered. "Oh is it? Shame I couldn't be there to see him off. Say hi to them for me."

"Yup, will do. Good to see you again by the way. Bye~" Hanni waved at Mingyu before leaving the two siblings to talk.

"I'm going to Jeju by the way, end of this month. Mom and dad already knew about it." Minji told her brother. "Well that's good. If anyone out there deserves a break, it's you. Have fun alright?"

"I will. I've been looking forward to it since forever." Minji chuckled. "How are you by the way Minji?" Mingyu asked calmly. "I am fine, shop's doing good as well." Minji answered.

"No, how are you?" Mingyu asked again as she's not answering him the way he wanted. Minji's smile slowly fading from her face as she sighed silently. "I don't want to think about that too much, it'll just bring me down again and again."

"I am fine. Maybe not a hundred percent fine but I am getting there. I don't want to cry about it anymore. So yeah I am doing okay." Minji's eyes immediately covered in tears as she wiped them away instantly.

"You're a strong girl sister. And I am so proud of you. Remember that okay? Whenever you're feeling down and you don't want mom and dad and grandma to worry, you call me." Mingyu's word brought the smile back onto Minji's face. "...I will always be here for you."

"I know. How's grandma?" She asked as her brother move away from the screen. "Grandma's well and healthy. She misses you all as much as I do." Mingyu raised his voice before he came back carrying a duffle bag. "Do visit when you have time alright?"

"Where are you going? Let me guess, to the gym." Minji chuckled as Mingyu's wearing a beanie. "Yup, got to pump those irons. I'll talk to you again soon okay? Have fun in Jeju Minji."

"I will. Take care oppa." Minji waved at her brother as she ended the call. But soon the smile in her face faded away yet again as she silently went into the back room.

She hid herself at the far corner as she's choking on her tears before eventually letting her silent cry out.

I'm actually curious on who do you imagine Yongjae would look like from your point of view. Me honestly, I couldn't imagine him as me as it's just doesn't fit.

So for Yongjae, I just imagining him as someone who looks like Hong Joshua from Seventeen.

What's yours?

Oh and just to clarify that updates will be posted every Tuesday and Saturday every week unless changes happened.

Thanks a lot people. Happy reading <⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠↗