'Mya I'm outside.'

Nia sent a text, sitting inside her mother's Mercedes truck. Tapping her finger on the wheel as she watched Mya walk out her house and then get into the passenger seat.

"Hey girl! Finally you come outside wit me." Mya says with a laugh to show she was joking and didn't mind.

"You know I just be chillin." Nia shrugged, sounding just like her brother as she started the car back up.

"Put the address in." Nia handed Mya the phone so they could be on their way to the party. She knew she didn't know anyone there but Mya would so she would just be able to fit in a bit. It was most likely people from school going to be there also.

Once Nia and Mya made it to the party, they walked together across whoever house it is lawn. They went inside and it smelt like weed, drinks and sweat. You could hear people cussing and rapping to lil durk as they passed through the crowds of people.

"Yo Mya!" Clearly it didn't take long for Mya to be spotted. They were in the kitchen now. Nia had never drank before and she wasn't starting tonight so she just got a water while Mya was pouring herself up a drink.

The boy who called her coming over to her with a group of other people possibly him and Mya friends, she wasn't sure.

"Hi Ty!" Mya says smiling softly and then speaking to everyone else.

"Y'all this my friend Nia, Nia this all my other friends outside of school and my friend Ty who's house this is." 

"Nice to meet y'all." Nia immediately greeted them all, giving them a smile and all that type of politeness.

They all spoke to her back and then went on with some conversations of their own.

"Yo Ty Caine just walked in."  One of the boys in the group said, making Nias brows raise slightly while she also rolled her eyes. She could tell it was the same Caine she met earlier with the way everyone he walked past straightened right up in his presence. Only turning back to the party moments after he wasn't so close to them.

"Yo Ty wassup yo." Caine and Ty dapped one another up while Nia started to turn around, sipping on her water with her eyes casted down.

"Nia that's you?" She heard just as she was sliding the back door to this man's house open and ready to go right on out away from Caine. But who else could be speaking to her but Caine himself.

"Yes it's me." She said, turning slightly with a small smile.

"You ain't gotta hide from niggas now that you know me." Caine says slightly mugging the girl for no reason.

"I'm not hiding from you now that I know you. You got me into some of your stuff that'll put my future at risk. Ion wanna be around you period." She says while crossing her arms. Nia was ALWAYS serious when it came to her future and Caine was starting to mess with that.

"You smart then. But you already going to do what I told you to do so you might as well suck that shit up and walk your ass outside with me."

Caine didn't further give her a choice as he slightly pushed at her back with the tips of his fingers and crowded her body so she had to step outside just so she wasn't as close to him.

"Walk wit me." He ordered, not in an asking way at all, especially with the hold he now had on her wrist. Just waltzing her through some strangers backyard until they were on the blocks empty street.

That's when he finally let go, knowing she really wasn't going to run unless she wanted him to shoot her in the knee cap so she really couldn't go anywhere.

Now they were just walking side by side, walking right under the street light then back into the slightly darker area.

"You really don't want to do that shit for me huh?"

Nia didn't respond. Because of course not. She crossed her arms and kept walking. But that only made Caine stop and turn towards her.

"Stop fucking testing me and talk."

Nia huffed under her breath. The two of them going back to walking and she spoke up once she knew Caine was chill.

"Of course not. I don't want nothing to happen to me."

"Ain't shit going to happen to you." He quickly responded without even really listening first.

"You don't know that!" She slightly snapped but took a deep breath and continued. "I can't go down the hill my brother did. I can't do wrong."

She says, fiddling her thumb down the palm of her hand. Something she did when she was overthinking or simply just nervous. When she could feel her heart pounding but not in that good way. Not in the way everyone craved. It felt good though, to feel the pain and the fear. It felt just like when you felt love and adrenaline. It hurt but in the best way. Sent zaps right between her legs as if the fear wasn't eating her alive.

Caine just looked ahead, he listened this time. They were at the bottom of the block so he chose to stop. Turning to face her and Nia turned to face him.

"You don't owe me anything. I shouldn't expect you to be willing to do something you get nothing out of. And I shouldn't be threatening you when.."

Caine just looked at her. And Nia just looked up at him. She always held eye contact when she could. She was odd like that. Just felt comfort in it, felt those zaps of fear and all that but it always felt good even when it shouldn't.

Caine licked his lips, stepping slightly closer to Nia so she could really hear him. "I shouldn't be threatening you when all you tryna do is be a good girl. A good innocent girl."