"Well, that's very kind of you both. But seriously, my favorite blanket?" I chuckled. They both looked at me, again, surprised. The reason that I don't get mad easily on them is because they are kids. They tend to make mistakes just like adults do. It's inevitable you know, so I always remain chill. No one deserves unreasonable pain just because of small reasonable things.

"Sorry mommy. We just can't find any warmer blanket that time. And we switch back the thermos once we get the used ones from them, since they are all identical." Soyeon stated.

"It's fine. Do you know how long they all have been at the woods?"

"About a year and half now." Soyeon

"Where do they live?"

"At a treehouse in the middle of the woods. They said they patched up some wood and barks just to make it." Sehun stated.

"We didn't get to see the inside since it was getting dark. But it looks pretty worn out and small for them." Soyeon added.

I can't help but feel even more sad for those hybrids. They've been in there for almost 2 years. And with few to little amount of food. Maybe we could bring them some extra foods and clothes after this snowstorm.

"Do you know what happened to them? Where they came from? Did they told you anything?"

"They just said they were hiding from bad people. They runaway from an evil group of people, because they were being hit a lot and do bad things to them." Sehun stated brows scrunched up, fist ready to throw a punch, glistened eyes and heavy breath. I was shocked by his sudden action.

He was always calm at all times. He didn't even cry when he said his last goodbyes to his parents and halmeoni, but seeing him all riled up because of the hybrids stories was pretty anew to me.

I slowly went to where they were sitting, kneeling in front of them. Holding Sehun's tight fist, easing out the tension so he can't hurt himself, even though he has clean and trimmed nails. He could still hurt himself.

"Hey. Baby, Sehunie... look at me love. Yes, that's good. You're doing great. Can you hold mommy for a sec?" I chirpped calmly. He immediately looked at me in the eyes, tear fell onto his cheeks hugging me tightly.

"Why do bad people exist mom?" Sehun whispered, silently crying as I felt my sweater getting wet. I looked at Soyeon, she also has unshed tears and red nose. I felt heartbroken seeing them like these. And it made me think of why I even started what I started, however I don't know if I would have the strength to do it again.

"Don't worry we will help them. Say, how about we take out some of Appa's old clothes and Halmeoni's old knitted scarfs and blankets, and give it to them tomorrow when the sky gets clearer? We can also continue the picnic you all were doing earlier." I coaxed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Really we can do that?" Soyeon  beamed up smilling big.

"Yes."

"With biscuits and cheese?"

"Yes, with biscuits and cheese love."

I laugh at her little happy dance similar to what I do when I get excited.

I look at Sehun, he wasn't crying anymore, but the evidence was there. Puffy red eyes, red nose and pink cheeks. I kissed their forehead and stand up.

Now for some decluttering and laundry to do. I went to the storage room where my family's old clothes were. I don't have the heart to throw or burn them. They'll always stay with me, no matter what. I took out Oppa's old  jackets and sweaters, knitted pants and pajamas. And Eomma's hand made knitted scarfs, sweaters and hand warmers. While I was rummaging, I saw an old worn out purple shirt with prints of some animal... paws? Never saw this before. It's a size of a female kids shirt. Was this Unnie's? Or mine? But I can't remember wearing this before.

I examined the shirt, it's just a plain v-neck shirt with seven small animal paw prints in it. One looks like a dog, and a cat and even a bunny, I can't identify the rest but yeah, they look cute though. I didn't think much of it and started gathering what I have to put on the laundry and went out.

I made my way to the laundry room and put in the clothes to clean. I heard the doorbell and patters of feet, the door being closed.

"Uncle Yeonie!!!"

"Hi Kiddos!!! How have you been?"

"We're good. Did you get it? Did you? Did you?"

I heard Soyeon gushed and squealed in delight, with a few thank you in repeat and his the best Uncle in the world. I guess someone brought another box of chocolate ganache donuts.

"Seriously Yeonjun!? You know how her sugar rush acts up." I chastised him as I stand by the doorway of the living room, arms folded to my chest.

"Hello to you too! Gosh! Is that how you greet me, you uncultured swine???!" He said dramatically. I just playfully rolled my eyes and went my way to hug him.

"Well, how are you??? How's the meeting?" I asked.

"It was fine to say the least. What's for dinner?" He said changing the subject immediately. 

That's sus! Also, it didn't go unnoticed to me the way his bloodshot eyes and disheveled clothes look like. I'll find that out sooner and not later.

"I was planning on making  our comfort soup since it is cold right now. You up for it?"

"That's perfect. I'll just take a quick shower then and help you." He said as he went upstairs to his guest bedroom, more like his room now since he barely slept in his own house just across the street. Funny that we always end up near each other. We're glued to each other's hip since birth, that's what Eomma always says.

I just hope whatever happened to the meeting isn't a total meltdown for Yeonjun. The last time I saw him like this was when they were taken away from him. Oh god! Please be something good.

***