"If this turns into an all-out war like I think it's going to, then eventually humans will start hating monsters, and hatred always leads to discrimination and violence." I explain, i've seen it a little to much back in my universe. All of the hatred and malice that people have for one another.

"If we do manage to find someone willing to let us rent a place we'll have a very hard time finding a job that pays well. The same goes for the monsters to, they'll grow tired and angry as time goes on. They'll shun us for working with the humans, so we won't have a back up plan with the royal guard. Eventually, we run the risk of monster haters or even human haters finding us and trying to hurt us." I say, going off on a rant without meaning to.

Sans is quiet throughout the whole speech, letting me explain my thoughts completely before he starts talking

"That's understandable. If we go to the monsters, we don't have as much to worry about and can join the guard if the time comes." Sans says, nodding along with my rant.

"Then it's settled. we'll head back to Monster Home and try to pick up jobs along the way." He relaxes into the couch slightly.

We've moved one more thing out of the way. There's still a lot we need to discuss, bit most of it can wait until later.

"What are we going to do if we end up having to leave Papyrus behind to join the guard?" I ask. I don't want to leave him alone, but it may be the only way to get enough money or power to provide for him.

"There's not too much we can do." Sans says sadly. "If we want to be able to give him a comfortable life, we'll have to let him stay with Gaster." He let's out a sigh and leans back into the couch arm.

"You're right." I tilt my head back and stare at the ceiling lost in thought. I don't like it. It feels like we're going to abandon Papyrus, but I know it's the best solution we have right now.

"We'll even write letters to Papyrus if that's the only way we can contact him." I would hate for us to lose touch while in the guard or to drift apart.

That won't be for a couple more years, though, so we have plenty of time to come up with other ways of contact and to explain everything to Papyrus.

"Hey, this is our mindscape, right?" I ask Sans. I sit back up on the couch and turn to look at him.

"Yeah, I think so. Why?" He looks over at me in confusion.

"So we should be able to change how it looks right?" I say. I already have a few ideas for what we should do with this place.

Sans sits up properly, looking excited at the prospect of changing this place up. I would to if I had spent an entire day in an almost pitch black room.

"I hadn't thought about that. We should try to change something small first so we can see if anything goes wrong." He says as he stands up.

He offers me a hand and pulls me off the couch to stand next to him.

"Ok, so maybe we should try and change the color of the couch first." Sans says and puts his hands on his hips.

Right now, the couch is a light blue. It's big enough for about three people, so if we can't change it, then at least it'll be comfortable.

"What color did you have in mind?" I ask also staring at the couch now. If we can do this, then we can probably change just about anything in this place.

Sans hums in thought, and after a moment of silence, he says, "I'm thinking green, you know, like a deep forest green."

Green is one of my top colors, so I'm ok with that choice.