You're Too Late - Caitlin Foord x Reader

Depuis le début

"I don't think Y/N wants the media's attention right now," Kim said, pressing two fingers to her temples. "She's already in enough pain, she doesn't need the world peering over he shoulder."

"What do you mean she's in pain?" Caitlin asked sharply. "She never told me anything!"

Katie finally had enough. Slamming her hands on the table, she yelled, "Y/N loves ya' ya' dumb shit! She told ya' she loved ya' and ya' still didn't get it! She's trying to move on, Caitlin! But you fookin' blew up at 'er when she did nothin' wrong! Of course she's going to leave!"

Leah planted a firm hand on the Defender's shoulder, trying to quell the Irish woman's rampant anger. "She right, Caitlin. She loves you to bits, and she thinks you don't feel the same way. You blowing up at her definitely did not help."

The Aussie was frozen in place, unable to move. It was as if the words spoken to her were sung by a siren, controlling her, clouding her thoughts and mind.

She'd fucked up, and you were nowhere to be found.

---------------

You snapped your fingers at the bartender, weakly pushing aside the numerous shot glasses in front of you.

"Last one, ma'am," he said with a polite smile. "You've had quite a lot to drink."

You took the shot in a single gulp, slamming the glass down noisily. "10 shots? Pffffffffft. That's barely anythin'."

"You've had 11 shots, ma'am."

"That's what I said," you slurred, vision blurring as you attempted to stand up. "23."

You fell to the floor, unconscious as the bartender rushed around the counter to help you. Picking your phone up out of your pocket, which was thankfully unlocked, he called the first name he saw.

-------------

"Y/N?" Katie yelled, picking up the phone on the first ring. "Where've you been?"

"Miss Y/N's at a bar here on _______________," the man stated. "She's had quite a few drinks, and I don't want to leave her by herself passed out."

"We're on our way," Katie said, grabbing Viv and Lottie by the arms. "Thank ya'."

-----------------

"Oh Y/N," Lotte observed sadly as Katie and Viv picked you up, hauling you between them gently. "What've you done?"

As the two carried you to the car, they all couldn't help but blame Caitlin for your current emotional state. If she hadn't been so oblivious, then you wouldn't have been in this much pain.

Maybe you were right when you had said it just wasn't meant to be.

----------------

You awoke with a pounding headache, groaning in pain at the bright lights that burned your eyes.

"Y/N? How are you feeling?" Kim asked, handing you some pain killers and a glass of water. "You had quite a lot to drink last night."

You winced as the memories of why you'd been drinking came back to you. "Like shit."

She gave you a sympathetic smile. "Yous just focus on feeling better. We can talk later."

------------------
2 months later|

"Hey Y/N!" Jessie greeted, your old UCLA Bruin friend full of energy. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks," you said, taking a seat in your couch. "You?"

"I'm good," Jessie answered, patting your leg lightly. "I've been meaning to ask you, how's the— Caitlin situation?"

You shrugged. "I'm getting over her. Slowly. But still getting over her."

"That's good," the Canadian hummed. "You talk to her?"

You scoffed. "No. She doesn't care. She hasn't spoken to me since before I got drunk and passed out."

"Still, you should talk to her, clear it up."

"I will do no such thing," you protested. "She's to blame for this whole situation, so she'll be the one to fix it."

"Alright," Jessie agreed reluctantly. "But if she wants to talk, you'll listen?"

"Of course."

------------------

Caitlin's hand hovered over your front door, debating whether or not to knock.

Before she could decide, you opened the door, awkwardly standing there as you waited for her to say something.

"Y/N, could we talk in‐ could we talk inside?" Caitlin asked uncertainly.

"Yeah," you said, strutting aside and sitting on the couch as the Forward followed closely, sitting on the couch opposite of you. "What was it you needed?"

The Aussie swallowed hard. "I'm sorry."

You raised an eyebrow. "For?"

"For being so stupid," Caitlin stated, averting her eyes from your gaze. "I‐ I love you too and I'm so sorry for hurting you."

You smiled apologetically. "You're too late."

"What do you mean?" She asked worriedly.

"I've moved on. I don't love you anymore."

--------------
Cheesy? Yeah, it was a dumb ending, I know. I was thinking... how would yall feel about a part 2?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, thanks for reading!