Chapter 3 - First Day of Better Days

Today was the first day that I would head to high school from my new home.

I finished getting ready and walked downstairs towards the dining room. There I found Ukyo, "Good morning!", I greeted.

He smiled and greeted back, "Good morning! You look better."

"Yeah...I'm sorry if I worried you."

"Oh don't worry about it. I'm glad that you're feeling okay. Breakfast is ready, so you can go ahead and eat up!"

"Thank you! It looks great!"

There was a lot of food and it smelled great, "I have to say this may be the best breakfast I have ever seen," I spoke.

Ukyo laughed, "Why, thank you."

I ate breakfast and found Yuusuke walking downstairs as well as Subaru.

With a mouthful of rice, all I did was wave to say "good morning".

Yuusuke couldn't help but laugh.

I swallowed the food and snapped, "Hey! I meant to say good morning okay?! I can't help it! The food is delicious."

"Ha! I'm sorry...I just...phh! Your face just now!", Yuusuke continued to laugh.

I shook my head and continued to eat.

"Yuusuke.."

"Yeah? OW! What was that for Tsubaki?!"

"You're being rude to Naomi! She's trying to eat breakfast and you're laughing at her!"

"I-I'm sorry geez!"

Tsubaki ignored him and walked towards me with a smile with Azusa following him, "Good morning, Naomi."

"Good morning," I replied back.

As Tsubaki, Azusa, and Subaru joined me for breakfast, Yuusuke just stood, feeling dejected.

On the train, I held on while Yuusuke was near me and held on as well. He felt awkward as I just looked at the scenery from the nearby window.

He scratched his head and blushed slightly, "N-Naomi?"

I looked at him as he spoke, "I'm sorry for laughing at you. I didn't mean to be rude. You..you just looked funny that's all. I didn't mean to make you mad."

I smiled, "It's okay, Yuusuke, I know. I understand how I can make funny faces when I eat. When I love food, I just look that way. It's no big deal."

"Really?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm not mad."

"Oh...that's good. I thought you would be mad at me for the entire day."

"Me? No. I wouldn't be mad at something small as that. Unless you want me to be."

"No. No! I already know you when you're mad, so...yeah..please don't."

I laughed, "Okay." I looked through the window again as he smiled at me, but looked down, "But tell me, Naomi."

"Hm?"

"Are you feeling okay? I mean with the sudden changes and everything and meeting my brothers. You had a bach headache, so I was just wondering.."

"I'm not going to lie," I looked at him, "it is still very overwhelming to me. However, everyone has been so kind, I am feeling very happy and a bit honored to be living with everyone. Before, I was never able to have someone take care of me when I had a headache. I would usually have to take care of myself. It was something I was so used to doing. But now, having my brothers take care of me is a great feeling to have," I smiled.

He blushed as he saw my smile and looked away, "That's good to hear, I'm glad you're not so freaked out anymore."

I smiled at him as the train continued to move towards our stop.

After school, I went back home and found a guy sleeping on the couch.

Hmm...this must be Fuuto, the idol at 15.

I should let him sleep..

I walked away and went to the refrigerator to get myself a drink after the long walk. Fuuto woke up and then noticed me in the kitchen. He walked towards me and asked, "Are you someone's girlfriend? How did you get in the house?"

"Umm, I'm Naomi Fujikawa."

"Oh. The daughter of Mr. Fujikawa. I see." He stepped closer.

"Umm..what are you—"

"Admit it. You wanted to watch me sleep right? Because of my face.."

I snapped, "Excuse me?! I was trying to be nice to let you have your sleep. Why would I even watch you sleep anyway? That is so weird, Fuuto."

"Hmm...is that really a way to speak to your younger brother?"

"Is that really how you are supposed to blame your older sister?"

He stepped back, showing defeat, "Okay...you're smarter than I thought. Excuse me."

"Right," I spoke as I brought a drink to my mouth and actually spilled on myself, "Oh no!"

Fuuto laughed, "Never mind! I take it back! You're not smart at all," he added with a teasing smile.

"Excuse me?!"

He rushed upstairs to avoid my glare.

"Ugh..", I got a paper towel and wiped my shirt.

"Wow..that sucks," my friend Yuki spoke as I sat on my bed and talked to her on my cellphone.

"I know! I guess I just found a brother that I'm not really going to get along with," I replied with a sigh.

"You know what this reminds me of?"

"What?"

"You and Yuusuke. The interaction you have with Fuuto is pretty similar with the interaction you have with Yuusuke. You both try to beat each other with your words and you both get along."

"The thing is I don't get along with Fuuto."

"Aww...Naomi."

"What? I can't help..he just has that certain attitude."

"But..he's still going to be your little brother. Just..don't be mad at him forever."

I exhaled, "I know."

"Just calm down okay, probably you;ll notice that he's actually not a bad person. He's just a passionate guy who is very confident."

I was silent as she continued, "Everything will be fine, okay. Don't stress yourself out."

I smiled, "Thanks, Yuki. You always know what to say."

She smiled too, "Of course I do. You take care okay?"

"I will."

"Bye! Call me again!"

"Definitely. Bye!"

I hung up as I looked at the sky from my balcony as it had stars.

She's right. I should just calm down. Fuuto and I met each other in a bad way. Things will get better. I just have to believe they will.