A prize

"So I guess this is the last time" I say to Juliet with a sad smile. We're standing in our hotel room, about to go down to the track for the race.

This is my final race before I have to go back to reality, back to my boring life. I've thought of about a million things I could to try and get my dad to forgive me, but deep down I know he's made his decision.

There's no way I can change that.

"It's temporary, I'm sure he'll get good again" Juliet answers a sweet smile on her face. Just temporary. God I wish that she's right. I've loved every second we've spent at the track.

We head out of the hotel, meeting with my dad on the way. Awkward silence erupts, the tension higher than usual, as we walk to the track.

"We have a big race in front of us.." My father begins, breaking the very loud silence that had build. "Lewis qualified really well, P3, but sadly Leclerc is on pole so our chances are minimal" My father tells us, staring right ahead. Juliet smirks at me, as Charles gets mentioned, making my mind slip back to last night.

God I wish we hadn't gotten interrupted.

With fake smiles plastered over our lips, we enter the paddock, cameras immediately being shoved in our faces.

I've already become a well know face in the paddock, meaning I have to be even more careful with getting spotted with Charles.

"I'll leave you two alone, you can find me in the garage" My dad tells us, giving me a quick and awkward side hug. What I wouldn't do to get this tension to disappear.

Me and Juliet start walking the other way, heading nowhere really. A loud whistle startles us both, making us immediately turn our heads.

I'm met with the classic broad smile of Daniel, that I've recently become fond of. "The one and only Evelyn Wolff!!" Daniel shouts, gaining the whole paddocks attention.

Following closely behind him is Lando. They both hurry over to us, Daniels mood as high as usual. Lando is wearing the usual Mclaren cap, his brown curls slightly sticking out.

"You know, you can just go up to us, instead of getting the whole paddock to look at us" I say to Daniel, as he gives me a hug.

"Yeah but that wouldn't be fun would it?" He replies, his presence alone making my mood a lot better. I approach Lando, almost nervously opening my arms for a hug. I haven't seen him since the night...

But Lando is the exact opposite, immediately pulling me into a hug. His familiar cologne fills my nose, and suddenly I wish I could stay inside his arms forever. Stop. What am I doing? He's just a friend. Just a friend.

He smiles at me, as I pull away, my cheeks slightly flushed from my own embarrassing thoughts. Lando gives Juliet a quick hug, but he returns to stand beside me, putting his arm around my shoulder...

"You must be happy today!" Daniel says to me, standing beside Juliet, while Landos arm continues to lay around me.

I furrow my brows in confusion at him. "You know after yesterday?" Daniel elaborates, and suddenly I'm panicking.

Did he know about me and Charles? Had Lewis told him about it? Had he seen us?

"What?" I barley manage to get the words out, my mind already stressing out. Please not here in front of Lando...

"It looks like Mercedes have a good chance of winning today, that's who your here with right?" Daniel answers, his smile still big as he looks at Juliet for a answer.

"Yes! Me and Evelyn just forget about the racing sometimes..." Juliet quickly responds with a laugh. Thank god. She saved me there.

"Well me and Danny are headed to a press conference, do you two want to join?" Lando asks us, but he's looking directly down at me as he says it.