A Deal

"If you get a podium, you can take me on a date" I answer Charles. My heart is pounding harder then it usually does.

"Get your outfit ready, we're going out tonight" Charles tells me smirking. He walks away from me, leaving me there, frozen. As he turns the corner, he takes a glance at me again. He winks at me, before he disappears.
You didn't even need to make a deal for me to go out with you I think in my head.

I look around to see Lewis waiting me. He gives me a look that immediately embarrasses me.
"You lie a lot huh?" He says grinning. I cover my face in my hands. I told him that I didn't know any of the drivers earlier, and now he just seen me flirting with two of them.
"It's not like that I swear, I just met hi-" I tell him in a panicky tone. But Lewis' grin just grows.
"It's okay, we all have our own little secrets" He says and starts walking. I follow him, absolutely regretting everything.

"Please don't tell my dad Lewis" I pleaded as I practically ran trying to keep up with him.
"What is it I can't tell him?" Lewis asks acting clueless, trying to get something out of me.
"Lewis I'm begging you, he'll kill me AND the guys" I beg out of breath. "What would Toto be mad about? That Charles is into you?" Lewis says looking forward, I blush over his comment. "Or that you and Lando have some history" He continues. If he said anything that like that to my dad, he would in fact kill both Charles and Lando.
I gave Lewis a serious look.
"Don't worry, I won't snitch, at least for now" He says smirking at the last part. I lightly hit Lewis in the arm, as we head into the Mercedes garage.

The race begins shortly after, and I sit down besides my dad. There is complete silence between us, as we watch the race. I can see the tension raise in his expression, Charles is right behind Lewis constantly threatening to take the P1 position.

It's the second last lap and Charles is still constantly pushing on Lewis. Lewis does the tiniest mistake, but Charles takes advantage of it. He quickly passes by Lewis as he turns the corner. But Lewis doesn't give up. Now he's the one right behind. He constantly is on the side of the Ferrari, but he can't get the car in front.

It's the last lap and Lewis and Charles are literally side by side. But Carlos is catching up to them. Carlos is right behind them, when Lewis suddenly moves, hitting Carlos' front tire. They both manage to keep themselves on the track, but before they can go back to competing Charles has already won the race.

I smile to myself as I see Charles' hand up in the air while he drives over the finish line. "What are you smiling about?" My dad asks in a frustrated voice. Fuck. "Lewis just really fought today" I lie, but my dad continues to give me the death stare.

"I'm just saying he tried his best" I reply taking off the headphones. "Your right Eve, he did his best" My dad says standing up. It's clear that he's struggling to keep his anger hidden. "Let's go to the podium" He then says.

Lewis stands the second place, but my eye isn't on him at all. Charles is standing there, proudly, as Monaco's anthem plays. He has a grin on his lips, and you can see his sweaty hair peaking out from the cap.
He looks fantastic.

They spray champagne on each other as usual, but after Lewis comes down to me and my dad.
"I'm sorry Toto, I tried" He tells my father as they hug. "You did amazing, don't worry" My dad replied with a smile, he definitely didn't mean that.

"Hey Evelyn, that clothing brand you were talking about, this is their phone number, just say Lewis gave you the number" Lewis says handing me a small piece of paper. I look at him confused, but as I see him continuing to smile at me, I decide to go with it. "Ohh thank you so much Lewis. I've always dreamed of seeing their clothes" I say smiling and accepting the piece of paper. I look over to my dad who just rolls his eyes at us. "Since when did you care about clothes?" He mumbles and walks away. I slowly follow, intentionally creating a gap between us, so I can open the paper.

Inside the paper is a phone number. Besides it is Leclerc written, and I finally understand. He gave me Charles' number. Under it is another phone number, this time Hamilton is written next to it. Under the number is a small text saying  just in case ;)

I smile as I fold the paper again. I pull out my phone and immediately text Charles.

 I pull out my phone and immediately text Charles

I smile at his text as I hurry back to my dad. "Eve I have a great idea, what if we all went out to dinner, you know Lewis, you and me" My dad says with a smile on his face. "Sounds good dad, but I'm just so tired today" I lie, faking a yawn as well. "Oh come on honey it will be fun" my dad replies.

Fuck, what do I do?

I quickly pull out my phone to text Charles.

He starts texting, but the bubble suddenly disappears

He starts texting, but the bubble suddenly disappears. I sigh as I put away my phone again. "Eve you have to go, if you want to or not" My dad demands, and I just smile at him.
"I was going to say yes, don't worry dad" I answer giving him a hug. He messes with my hair as we into the hotel lobby. "You go get ready, be here at 8" My dad says and let's go off me. I quickly hurry up to my hotel room.

____________________________________

Next chapter is going to be fun!!