A desperate call

"Where have you been?" My dad coldly asks me. "Uhm" I stutter, speechless. He stands up, and begins to walk over to me, he looks furious.

"Who's jacket is that?" He spits out, pointing at Charles' jacket I had over my shoulders. "And that dress, you would never buy anything that expensive" Every word he says comes out cold and emotionless, which is actually scarier than getting yelled at.

"Dad I'm 20" I manage to get out of my mouth. "And that allows you to just sneak around?!" He snaps back. He starts pacing back and forward, trying to hold in his anger.

"Is it a boy?" He asks, as he stops pacing to look up at me. "Yes, and he's a man, I'm not 8" I tell him, which causes him to scoff at me.

"Who is it?" He asks, but silence fills the room as I don't answer him. "Evelyn Wolff, answer me right now." He demands. He never says my full name. But I can't tell him. I can't even lie, tell him it's some random guy, I'm completely tongue-tied.

"Oh, now I see" He says, crossing his arms over his chest. "It's one of the drivers isn't it?" He asks, causing panic to rush over me.

"It's not..." I try to say, but it comes out as a whisper, so quiet my dad barely hears it. "Your a terrible liar" My dad mutters under his breath.

He turns around, facing his back against me. He walks over to the window in the room, looking out at the Spa track.

"Tell me who it is Evelyn" He demands once again, this time more aggressively, more force in his voice. I stay silent.

"Then there's only one thing I can do..." He says still looking out the window. I look at him with a confused expression. I have no idea, what he's planning.

"You can't go to the races anymore" He tells me, finally turning around to look me in the eye. But his expression has completely changed now. He looks disappointed.

My stomach drops.

These couple of months have been amazing, traveling around with my dad, spending more time with him than I've done my whole life. Finally hanging out with Juliet again, and getting to know all the drivers.

My mind goes to Charles, to Lando, to Lewis, who knows when I'll see them again.

"You and Juliet can stay for the rest of the weekend" He tells me. "But after that your done" He adds.

"Dad please don't do this" I plead, as tears form in my eyes. "Think of all the time we've spent together, all the fun we've had" I beg, tears falling down my cheeks, as I try to change my dads mind.

"Evelyn stop" My dad says, looking at down at the ground. "Go get some sleep" He mutters, walking out of my room, leaving me alone.

Fuck.

I go straight to my bed, in heels, makeup, and my new dress. I don't care.

I've fucked up, and I know it. A feeling of numbness rushes over me, while mascara, mixed with my tears, dry under my eyes.

As I close my eyes, desperately trying to fall asleep, a thought suddenly taking over my mind.

Where the fuck is Juliet?

I take out my phone, calling her. The call doesn't go through, so I try again. Nothing. I keep trying till I've called her about 10 times. Anxiety is running through my body, as I can't help but fear the worst.

I don't know what to do. I can't bother my dad right now, and there's no one around. I look through my contacts, desperately searching for someone I can call.

I scroll through the names.

Lewis, definitely not.

Mom, I might have a breakdown from hearing her voice.