5

.

WIN

Sometimes I think why was I even born? When my sister and mother died in an accident I was in the same car why didn't die with them?
Why did God want to make me more and more suffer when I was born my mother and father were expecting a
girl, They were not happy they wanted a daughter, and then they adopted one. At the age of thirteen, My mother and sister died, and I started to have sleep paralysis.

Sometimes I was even afraid to sleep and then I stopped sleeping at night and it has now become a habit. I didn't get the love that was I supposed to get from my father. My father gave me many responsibilities to make him proud but it feels like he is trying to cage me.

I sighed deeply thinking this shit has no use. I glanced at the clock it was already evening lazily I dragged my feet towards the closet. I chose formal wear clothes which I had recently bought for the main purpose.

After all, it will be the first meeting with his family. I took a warm shower before leaving for his house. I showed the address to the driver which was sent by Bright an hour ago. I'm feeling neurotic. My palms are already sweating.

Infront of mansion

The mansion looks majestic and awe-inspiring residence, with sprawling grounds, luxurious amenities, and an air of elegance and sophistication. It's like stepping into a world of luxury and extravagance.

I stare for a moment at the mansion admiring the view. Until I saw Bright standing in front of the Mansion gate. He walks near me. We shared a long look at each other. Bright's stare wandered from my hair, to my torso, and down to my toes. Finally, he looked at my face.

A smile appeared on his face before he whispered something to my war.
"Just relax and follow my lead" I nodded and he kept his hand on my shoulder making me freeze for a moment.

"What happened?"

"Nothing" I spoke quickly like a dumb.

We entered inside there was an old lady giving instructions to workers. There were many workers also. The lady looked at us and her lips curved into a smile. I greeted her with a smile wished her good evening pleasantly and introduced myself as Bright's boyfriend. I had practice hours for this after all.

"Come here, Son sit"

I think spoke to me I looked bright before going towards her. She hugged me before patting my shoulders. There was a little girl who came near me. I think she is light and Mrs. Lily is also here. She gave me a playful high-five and said.
"Nice meeting you again"I know this moment she messed up

"Again?"Grandma asked making me all nervous." We had already met" she said, how would explain now?
"How?"  Grandma asked again."Grandma, I'll tell you later"  Bright said."ohh God only I don't know to Win"

"Let's have dinner first, "Mrs.Lily said Cleaning up the tense air.

"How did you two meet?"  Grandma asked asked out of curiosity.

"We both met in university days back then."

"And why are you telling me this now it's been 5 years graduated?"

"We are not in contact for one year"

"How come you met again"

"You remember that day when sis-in-law left home at night"

Judging from Grandma's face it looks like they don't want to talk about that night.

"That night a guy helped me and that won" Mrs. Lily spoke

"Win, did you remember your anniversary?"

"Yes, it is on 27 February"

Honestly, I just told a date that clicked in my mind.

"It means after a week it's your anniversary?"

The freak?

"Yes, Grandma it is," Bright said

There are 365 days but I'm too dumb to choose a nearer one.

"So, Win, tell us more about your interests and what you enjoy doing in your free time."Mrs. Lily asked out of the blue

"Absolutely! I love exploring new places and trying out different cuisines. I'm a big fan of outdoor sports And when I'm at home, I enjoy reading and playing video games."

"That's great! Any particular genres?" She asked

"I'm a big fan of fantasy and science fiction but I prefer manhwa more"

"What about music?"

"I have quite an eclectic taste in music. I enjoy everything from indie rock to electronic."

 "And how about dislikes? Anything you're not particularly fond of?"
This time Grandma asked me

"Hmm, well, I'm not a big fan of milkshakes. They're just not my thing. And I'm not too keen on horror movies either."

"Which type of food do you like the most"Grandma asked

"I like Korean food but I can eat anything which tastes good"

"Great to know! It sounds like you have a wide range of interests. It's wonderful to see how you and Bright share some common likes and dislikes as well."

Did we???

when I met his family, I was feeling pretty nervous for no reason. I kept imagining all these worst-case scenarios in my head, but it turns out I was just overthinking things. His family was welcoming and friendly. We had a great time together, sharing stories, and laughing.
It was such a relief to see that my worries were unfounded. Meeting his family made me appreciate the love and warmth they have which I can never have.

"Hey Bright, have you noticed that van behind us? It's been following us for a while now."I asked we both were in the car driving towards my apartment

"It's suspicious"

What do you think we should do?"I asked in panic I can hear my heart pounding as the van continues to tail us, a mix of fear and adrenaline coursing through my veins. Bright's grip tightens on the steering wheel,

"Don't panic just relax"

We exchanged glances, a silent understanding passing between us.

"Let's try to lose them. by taking the next right turn and see if they keep following us."Bright said I just silently nodded

With each turn the car takes. As we finally manage to lose the van, relief washes over them, our smiles mirroring the triumph.

"I think we lost them!"

"Did you have an idea who were they?"I questioned him. Just out of nowhere, someone starts following us it's creepy.

"They were reporters"

________________________

Hello!
How are you all?
Thank you for reading ❤️
Don't forget to comment, Your comments make me smile so much
If you ended up liking this chapter appreciate it with a vote ⭐

Thank you once again 😭 for giving me this much love in previous chapters