OVA: Rescue! Rescue Training!

Trigger Warning: Dear readers, this side chapter contains a short, explicit scene depicting physical violence and abuse against a minor. Reader discretion is advised, as the content may be distressing or triggering for individuals sensitive to these themes. Please prioritize your mental well-being while engaging with this story, and consider seeking support if you find the subject matter deeply unsettling.

---------------------------------------------------------

-Tatsuya's POV-

Less than a fortnight lingered until the grand spectacle of the Sports Festival, a period that would typically immerse us U.A. students in relentless training. However, the atmosphere today was distinctively different. Clad in our vibrant hero costumes, we gathered within the confines of the USJ facility. The recent removal of bandages marked my return to action, and I was eager to resume training. Thirteen and Mr. Aizawa took their positions before us, poised to kickstart the interrupted training session that had been abruptly halted during the League of Villains' assault.

"Well, that happened, but class is class, my dear students! So let's finally begin rescue training!" Thirteen's nonchalant announcement seemed to downplay the severity of the incident.

"Can you really move, Thirteen?" Uraraka inquired, expressing concern for our teacher.

"My back hurts, but it's nothing compared to Eraserhead," Thirteen responded, punctuating the statement with a little dance, pointing towards our bandaged and mummified teacher.

With a grunt, Aizawa turned away and descended the stairs. "We're ready to begin class; let's start already. We're wasting time."

Izuku, displaying a hint of worry, questioned Aizawa about All Might's absence as we followed suit. "Mr. Aizawa, All Might's supposed to meet us as well. Where is he?"

"I don't know. Forget about him," Mr. Aizawa replied with an annoyed tone, continuing his descent.

Izuku and I exchanged different glances—his filled with concern, mine with curiosity—before I shrugged my shoulders. We trailed our teachers to the Landslide Zone for the first part of the training.

"Let's start with the first activity! There'll be three students at the bottom of the chasm. One of them will be unconscious, the other will have an injured leg, and the last one will be very worried," Thirteen explained as she walked forward to introduce us to the chasm. I looked downward and noticed that it was pretty deep.

"Whoa, what height!" Kirishima exclaimed, capturing the collective sentiment of awe.

"How are we supposed to get there!?" Kaminari's bewildered tone matched the shock etched on Kirishima's face.

"What are you talking about, Kirishima and Kaminari? There are people down there!" Iida ran at them like a madman and looked down the chasm. "Are you okay?! Don't worry, we will save you!"

"Someone's eager," I remarked, sweat-dropping at Iida taking this seriously, although the teachers hadn't said anything about the scenario yet.

"Feeling pumped, Akiba?" Hagakure asked.

"Eh, there isn't exactly much I could do for this type of challenge if I think it's what I think it is," I started with a shrug. "But it will depend on who I'm working with."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll do a great job!" Hagakure replied with confident assurance, ever the optimist.

Returning the encouragement, I said, "Same goes for you," offering a small, supportive smile. The anticipation in the air was palpable as we geared up for whatever challenge lay ahead.