19. 𝙷𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚊.

IZZY
September 2, 1993
Seattle, WA
10 am

IZZYSeptember 2, 1993Seattle, WA10 am

"I'm keeping it."

Xina stopped applying lipstick on my lips and drew back a bit to look at me. She was very shocked, and understandably so. I surprised myself with this decision, and I'm the one who made it. However, when I dreamt that dream earlier, it guilt tripped me. I felt compelled to protect my unborn child, at least for Dino. I love Dino, and I know he loves me. He deserves to meet his child, regardless of how De would feel.

"Are you sure mama's?"

I nodded.

"I'm sure."

Xina took a deep breath, resuming my makeover. The girls told me they had something nice planned for me, which required me to get all done up. "You know this isn't going to go smoothly right Hermana?"

"I know...I know," I sighed. From there we didn't say anything else, everything left to say was already understood.
.
.
.

11:30 am

"I hope wherever we're going includes food," I inquired from the back of Tehmina's car.

"Tuh, Come on now, when does it ever not?" She said back while focusing on the road. All of the girls wore pink while they insisted I wore white.

 All of the girls wore pink while they insisted I wore white

"Oh there's gonna be more than food there girl. You'll see," Emani added from the passenger seat.

"Oo this my song! Turn it up!" Xina suddenly outbursts, startling all of us. I eyed my best friend, giving her the death glare. Now is definitely not the time to be scaring me, I'm already stressed as it is.

"Lord, I'm not even gonna do it today," Emani said annoyingly while glancing up towards the sky. She then bent forward to turn the music up. It was Breathe Again by Toni Braxton, and my good sis sang her heart out. Hey at least she sounds amazing, even better than Toni herself.

"Mm mm mm, you better sang girl!" Xi joyfully shouted in between lyrics.

Finally about another 10 minutes passed, and we arrived to this cute little black cafe building which had tall windows and large pink double doors to match. Pink is my all time favorite color so the whole ambiance was perfect. "Very cute girls! I love it!"