{4}

It didn't take long for the cavalry to arrive. Soon Amelie's front yard was full of people ready to help with the search parties. Billy and Jacob arrived soon after they got off the phone. As Soon as Jacob saw her, he van over and enveloped her in a giant hug. She pushed him away quickly but he hovered next to her the entire night, just 50 she knew he was there for her.

Harry Clearwater arrived a little white later with a truck full of werewolves. Amelie ran over as soon as they got out and started telling them what happened. Although she was mainly talking to Sam and Paul, Jared stood protectively beside her the whole time until she was done.

"I don't care what you have to do, Sam. Bring her back," she told the alpha.

Sam gave her a long hard look, "Even if it's one of them?"

Amelie gave him a threatening look, "Especially if it's she of them, I only wish I could go help you."

Sam nodded before nodding at Paul and Jared. Paul pulled her in for a long hug and Amelie sunk into him. When they pulled away from each other she was greeted with a small smile.

"Well get her back for you, Princess." Paul whispered to her before running to meet Sam and Jared at the woods edge.

she watched as the three boys ran into the woods. She turned around to look at Harry who gave her a small nod before moving away to ta1k to Charlie.

Amelie walked back to Jacob who stood leaning against a cruiser with a frown on his face.

"Since when are you friends with Sam Uley's gang?" He asked accusingly.

Amelie glared at him, "Since I moved here, why as you care?"

"I don't like them." Jacob said glaring at her too.

"Yeah well, it's not really your concern who I'm friends with, besides I need them right now."

Jacob looked over to where the boys disappeared peaked into the woods. He shook his head before his expression changed and he 100 had at Amelie with something she couldn't quite put her finger on, before rubbing his hand down her arm and saying, "We'll find her."

"We better, or there'll  be hell to pay. "She said softly.

Jacob gave her a tight smile, "Yeah, Charlie will hunt that Cullen down."

The hours passed and the temperatures dropped. It was two in the morning and there was still no sign of Bella. Amelie was shivering head to toe.

"Amelie, go get a jacket, a blanket, anything." Jacob tried to reason with her.

Amelie shook her head, "I'm not going inside."

Jacob smiled at her stubbornness. He reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her close to his chest. With his other hand he opened his jacket for her. Amelie wrapped her arms around his torso and sighed in contempt when he closed his jacket around her.

She could feel his heartbeat above her ear and matched her breathing to it. Jake was so warm that Amelie couldn't help but feel comforted. A scary thought ran through her mind. She was happy and felt safe wrapped in his warm arms. The feelings Amelie had been fighting with all summer had bubbled up again. Amelie would hurt him and she couldn't live with herself if she did that. She almost pulled away but Jacob seemed to know what she was going to do and tightened his hold on her.

"I'm going to try the Cullen's place again," she heard Charlie say.

"The Cullen's left town, Charlie," Billy said.

Harry's voice entered the scene, "Good riddance."

"Where'd they go?" Charlie asked him.

"We'll find her, Charlie."

"Thanks, Harry."

"Charlie..." Jacob said. Amelie felt his arms tighten around her once again.

But fighting his grip, Amelie spun around and saw Sam coming out of the woods with Bella in his arms. She shoved her way out of Jacobs arms and launched herself at her sister, mere steps behind Charlie.

"She's alright." Sam told her. Amelie saw Paul walking close behind Sam watching Bella and her carefully. 

Charlie took Bella from Sam's arms, "I got her. Thanks, Sam." He began walking towards the house to get Bella warm.

Amelie jumper onto Sam, giving him a tight hug, "Thank you, Sam. I don't know aht i would have done without you."

Ran let got of him and turned to Paul who was standing close to Sam. She quickly ran over and he pulled her into a deep hug, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I'm so lucky to have a friend like you in my life, Paul. Thank you for finding her." She whispered into their hug.

"Anything for you, Princess." Paul laughed and held her tighter, "Sam will tell Emily you're okay. We'll call you tomorrow."

She pulled back and placed a kiss on his cheek before turning and sprinting to catch up Charlie and Bella.

She shoved past everyone and into her house where she found Charlie upstairs laying Bella down on her bed.

"Dad, I've got her," She told him.

"No," Charlie shook his head.

Amelie protested, "I've got to change her into warm clothes."

He looked up at her and nodded, leaving the two sisters alone. Amelie gingerly sat down next to Bella and moved the hair from her face.

"Bella. What the hell happened?"

She didn't respond for a few minutes but when she did it was a feint whisper, "He's just gone."

Amelie pulled back from her sister slowly. She undressed Bella and wrapped her in the warmest clothes and blankets before shutting out the light for her to sleep. She waited for her sister to fall asleep before leaving her room and going downstairs. Amelie walked down the stairs numb and almost didn't notice Charlie, Billy, Jacob and Harry all waiting for her. They all looked up at her when she reached the living room.

"What happened?" Charlie asked her.

Amelie looked at them for a second before answering, "Edward Cullen took her to the woods, dumped her and then left her to die."

Charlie was fuming, he jumped up and left the living room and went into the kitchen, Harry and Billy followed close behind. This left Jacob and Amelie alone.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asked her cautiously.

Amelie shook her head, tears almost brimming in her eyes. Jacob moved quickly and wrapped his arms around her once more.

"Why does it always happen to me?" She said into his chest, "I hate him. I hate all of them."

Jacob didn't need to ask who she was talking about, he just let her be angry.

Rage like never before flowed through Amelie. The anger that she felt was like a white hot brand through her stomach. First, he puts her in danger. Then, he tries to kill her. And now, her left her for dead. She hated him. She hated the lot of them. The next time she saw Edward Cullen she would kill him.