{3}

Amelie had found peace.

Finally after all the worry and stress and anger that she had felt while at the Cullen's, she had found the quiet that she never got from her own brain.

She sat on the edge of the cliff she dived off with the pack and with Jacob during the summer. Her legs swung aimlessly over the edge and her brain wandered meaninglessly. She just sat and stared at the ocean as it's waves crashed in the rocky cliff bottom that was so far below.

After jumping through the Cullen's window, Amelie had run and run for, well, she didn't know how long. But eventually once she had calmed down she had found her extra clothes that she hid around the woods, dresses herself and walked to the cliff where she had been sitting for the past 20 minutes by herself.

The truth was, Amelie was tired. So, so, so tired. Because she was always being used. She'd come to the fact that she never did anything for herself, only for the ones around her because she thought it would be the better choice because it made them happy. She always did what Bella needed her too. Even though Bella could see Amelie for who she really was. No one really saw Amelie for who she really was. Not even her bestfriend, Jacob.

If Amelie really thought about it, that was her biggest wish. That she could show and tell Jacob who she really was, and he would accept her just the was she was, and they would stay the same as they are now, perfect.

She wanted people to see who she really was.

~~~

Amelie got home seconds after Edward pulled up in Bella's truck because he was driving her home. She stormed past Bella as she tried to talk to her and Charlie didn't stop her as she ran up the stairs and slammed her door closed behind her.

She ripped of the dress that Alice had gave her to wear and threw it to the floor. Amelie flopped backwards onto the her bed and just looked up at her ceiling. She groaned and rolled over, punching her pillow. Under the force of her punch her bed proceeded to drop and inch. Amelie relaxed onto her now broken bed, and without putting clothes on, fell asleep on top on the covers.

The Cullen's didn't show up to school the next day. Which Amelie didn't mind, because of the resentment she was feeling towards him at the moment. What did bother her that day was that Bella seemed to be zoned out all throughout school. It was as if everything happened without sound around her. Amelie tried to get her to interact with society but by the time it was lunch she had given up.

When they got home Edward was waiting on their porch like a little creepy stalker, waiting for Bella so they could talk.

"Bella, come inside," She told her sister.

Bella waved her off, "I'm going on a walk with Edward. I'll be back in an hour or two."

She didn't wait to hear Amelie's response but walked to meet Edward where he was now standing, the woods edge. The two disappeared into the forest and Amelie rolled her eyes as she walked into the house. She dropped her school things down before walking upstairs and as she did she dialed Jacobs number.

"Hello," came his voice from the other end.

Amelie smiled into the receiver, "Hey Jacob, listen, don't hate me..."

"I could never. What's up?"

"I'm not coming over todays, it hasn't been a good twenty-four hours."

She could still hear Jacob's laugh even after she knew he moved the phone away from himself, "That bad with the Cullen's, huh?"