Chapter Five

* Two Weeks Later *

Abigail had thought about her predicament for two weeks, and she decided that her best choice was to try and find a more stable place to live

Abigail had thought about her predicament for two weeks, and she decided that her best choice was to try and find a more stable place to live. She loved her family, she really did, but they could be a handful. Not to mention, her father and uncle would really kill the person that got her pregnant. Other than a more stable environment, she was running from telling them the truth, at least, for now.

She planned to tell them soon, maybe it would be a while, but she planned to tell them soon. There was a chance she'd wait until after she gave birth, but at least she'd have time to herself, without having to stress over things happening in her family manor.

"Are you ready to go back to school?" Abigail asked Hope, as she helped the girl finish packing.

"I'm not excited, but I am ready to go back." Hope replied, causing her sister to smile.

"I was thinking that maybe I could drive you, and Hayley and Dad could bring your stuff." Abigail commented, and Hope grinned.

"I would love that!" Hope exclaimed,"I'll go tell Mom and Dad."

       Once Hope left, Abigail sighed in relief. She was glad that her sister hadn't asked why her things couldn't go in her trunk. Abigail had filled her trunk up with her own clothes, shoes, and other things she needed. She didn't plan to go too far from home, but she wanted her things to go with her. Her room would stay the same though, because she planned to come home one day, and she wouldn't leave herself nowhere to go.

"Dad wants to know if you're ready." Hope said, as she entered her room and zipped her last bag closed.

"Yeah, let's go." Abigail replied, giving her sister a smile.

Abigail and Hope listened to music and sang along as they drove. They sang loud and they had fun the entire time. Abigail stopped at a few gas stations along the way for food and drinks. Hope didn't seem to catch on to the fact that Abigail was eating more than she normally would, and for that, Abigail was thankful. She hated keeping it a secret from Hope, but she knew that Hope would tell the rest of the family, and for now that's what she didn't want.

"We're here!" Abigail exclaimed, as she stopped the car next to their father's.

"Thank you for driving me, Abi." Hope commented, as she hugged her sister.

"Y'know I'll do anything for you, Hope." Abigail replied, giving her sister a smile.

"Hope, come get your things, sweetheart." Hayley called, and Hope quickly walked over to her parents.

"You could've driven her without us, y'know, we wouldn't have been mad at you." Klaus commented, as he walked over to Abigail.

"I thought you guys would've wanted to come, too. I figured if you guys brought her things, you'd have a reason to follow us." Abigail lied, but Klaus seemed to believe her.

"You're a good sister, Abigail." Klaus murmured, giving his daughter a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm going to be stopping somewhere on the way home, but it's nowhere dangerous, I promise." She said, causing her father to nod.

He didn't know that this was her way of saying that she was going somewhere else, and she wasn't coming home. She said her goodbyes to Hayley first, which was a bit harder than she thought it would be. She had told the woman she loved her and she'd see her soon, but Hayley simply thought it was for the long ride, but it wasn't. 

The next person Abigail said goodbye to was Hope. It was hard, since Hope was practically her best friend. Hope thought the world of her, yet here she was running from her problems. She knew she was wrong, she knew she shouldn't run, she knew her family would accept her, but something was telling her this was a good idea. She knew this would crush Hope, and she just hoped that the girl would forgive her for it all one day.

Finally, the last person Abigail had to say goodbye to was Klaus. Her father meant the world to her, even though they argued and butted heads often. He was her father, and she loved him the most out of anyone. If she ever disappointed him, like truly disappointed him, not from a simple prank or anything like that, she would never be able to forgive herself.

"I love you, Dad." Abigail murmured, as she wrapped her arms around her father.

"I love you, my little luna." Klaus replied, holding her close.

He could tell that something was bothering her, but he didn't know what was wrong. He wanted to try and figure it out, but it wasn't easy for him to do. He swore he heard something different, felt something different, but she was out of his arms and headed towards her car before he could really tell that there was something wrong. He just hoped that whatever was wrong, that she would tell him, and he would help her through anything and be at her side.

"I'm sorry. I promise I will come home." Abigail whispered, as she turned on her car and pulled away from the school.

She felt tears swell in her eyes as she watched her father's vehicle grow smaller in her rearview mirror. She hated saying goodbye, but she couldn't make herself stay, not yet. She would come back, and that was a promise to herself and everyone else. She would never leave them behind forever. They were her family, and she absolutely loved them.

As she drove to her new home, which was only going to be until she went back home, she pulled out her phone and texted Camille, Kol, and Freya. She hoped that texting them would keep them off her track. She was going to cloak herself for some time, but she didn't know how long that would last, or how long she would be gone in the end...