Chapter 4

I regret ever saying anything positive. This was absolute bullshit.

Not really bullshit. The guys just really wanted to test my patience with how much they wanted done. Not only did they want Felix, Han, and Chris in contact lenses. That wasn't really an issue until I got to Chris' intense eye makeup.

They wanted all of them to have some sort of "tattoo" work done on them. Hyunjin, Chris, and Han wanted very intricate "tattoo" work done on their hands. "Tattoos" that they didn't get cleared beforehand. It took me at least two hours to do each of their fucking hands, and I swore I was going to have carpel tunnel by the end of everything if they were going to keep doing this to me. I'm just glad that I did the "tattoos" the night before and sealed them in with insane amounts of hairspray, or I probably would've committed murder this morning.

I will say that despite all of the intense work that I had to get done, I was proud of what I'd done with it all. You know that feeling of working on a school project that took months to do, not thinking it would be worth it to put in that much effort, and you wind up getting an A+ on it? That was how I felt watching the guys on their very first Kingdom: Legendary War shooting.

I was sitting off to the side, out of sight of any potential cameras, watching the guys file into the area, nervous but chaotic energy oozing out of them. They looked so lost as they looked around at all the various bleachers set up for them, not really knowing where to sit. The group that came in a little bit before them was watching them just as closely, and it was obviously unnerving them. That is until Han decided to play comedic relief and jog off towards one of the cameras and get scolded by Changbin.

Once the guys sat down, they tried to respectfully look at the other group's wardrobes, and in the process got a bit shy from the ogling that was being done by them. I'll have to make sure that I get their name, I hadn't been watching the teasers MNet had been releasing because I was caught up trying to get concept ideas down when the guys said they wanted to perform a more intense version of Miroh, and it was too much back and forth to put my attention into caring just who was performing other than Stray Kids and the group KQ was sending out.

I watched as Chris took off his glove and waved his hand around, and it was obvious that his hand got too hot, so I made a note to try not to have him wearing whatever kind of glove it was again. The group next to them noticed the hand "tattoos" next, and they seemed to look a little jealous. That made me pretty smug. I won't deny that whoever worked on them so far did a really good job, and they all looked hot as fuck, but there was something about having the experimental work that I spent literal hours on was getting noticed pretty much right off the bat that made me smirk as I watched on from my seat, notebook in my grasp.

The next group walked in and introduced themselves as "Ateez", and I wrote it down to look up later. They looked a little confused on where to sit as well, but made up their minds to just go ahead and sit down and get comfortable. Most of them were looking around the room in awe, but they all fidgeted to some degree. Nervous about the show like the guys, I'm sure. One of their members sat in the back row of their group, looked around, eyes wide as he took a big breath in and released it, obviously trying to calm his nerves. I felt a little bad, cause the first group seemed to be looking around and not really caring if they came off a little hostile, but it could just be how their nerves show. I chuckled to myself watching Lee Know interact awkwardly with the "Ateez" group's tallest member. He seemed to be their excitable puppy of their group.

The next group that came in introduced themselves as "Be to Be", and they were considerably older than most of the guys in the bleachers, and they were talking amongst themselves after seating themselves. The new group decided to break the ice and asked "Ateez" if they were the youngest group performing. With a confirmation, they moved onto a new topic.