13. A rose

Sophie leans against the school building beside the exit door, school had just ended so she's waiting for Gage and Grey to walk out.

Garrison had texted her saying he's driving them home today so after Gage and Grey finally leave the building they'll walk to Garrison's car.

Sophie gazes into the parking lot, not really paying attention to anything.

Her mind is on what happened, what she did to Sarah.

Despite feeling bad for hurting her, she felt kind of proud for sticking up for herself.

No teachers sent her to the principal's office meaning Sarah must have not told anyone.

Thank God.

Her mom would have lost her shit if she found out what she did.

Sophie turns her head to Garrison's parked car, Garrison still hasn't finished practice so she sadly can't go and wait in his car.

She watches as students pile out, hoping to spot her siblings.

Suddenly arms wrap around her waist, and she's being pulled back behind the school building.

Sophie gasps and goes to shout but a hand covers her mouth.

She's then pushed back hard, her head hitting the concrete wall harshly.

She winces, looking at the group.

Dread fills her instantly.

Sarah, Connor and Jordan stand before her.

Sarah has a large band aid over her forehead, arms crossed and looking furious.

Jordan looks at her, an angry glare across his face.

Connor looks more excited than angry.

"You're gonna pay for what you did, skank." Sarah growls, she gives Jordan a look and he nods.

"Hold her." Jordan says to Connor. Sophie's eyes widen.

"No- wait." Sophie gasps when Connor grabs her arms, holding them to the wall, pinned.

Tears well up in her eyes and she looks to Sarah frantically "I'm sorry, please don't-"

Sarah's hand whips out and slaps Sophie in the face.

Sophie lets out a small sob at the burning pain in her cheek.

Jordan steps in front of her and when he raises his fist, Sophie's eyes widen before she squeezes them shut, bracing for the hard punch she knows it's going to be.

____

"Where the fuck is she?" Gage groans. Gage is leaning against Garrison's car while Garrison sits in the front seat, looking around the car park.

Grey lays in the back with his feet on the seats, his crutches laid on the floor and scrolling on his phone.

Garrison steps out of the car and walks over to Gage "School finished almost fifteen minutes ago, I'm getting worried now."

Gage nods, he's had this off feeling in his chest all day and now it's even worse.

"I'm gonna go look for her." Gage says before pushing off the hood and walking towards the school.

"I'll try calling her again!" Garrison calls out and leans into the car to grab his phone.

Gage has already crossed the parking lot and nears the school doors when he hears a ring tone.