51-55

Extra arc 『The Stage Ghost's Cappricio』 Chapter 3

It's been a while since I've paid attention to it, but... I'm a duke's daughter.

Even though we were both dukes' daughters, it didn't mean I was bright and sociable or equipped with the same 『gentle princess』 vibe in the likes of Solana Brugmansia-sempai.

I had black hair and a mole under my eye. If anything, I had an appearance that was on the dark side.

In addition, Father and I were invited here as potential patrons of this theatre this time. For that reason, the theatre's manager, along with a popular actress, came out to greet us.

We haven't decided to support them yet and neither me nor Father have given our family name. Only that we were 『someone related to the 5 duke families』, well it's not a lie, we only offered our first names and social statuses.

In other words, Miria didn't know my exact rank, but as far as she was concerned, I was a high-ranking noble that looked difficult to approach (or, to be more blunt, I looked a little scary). And as a potential sponsor, I was probably both unnerving and terrifying to her.

But, I didn't want her to have a bad impression of me.

If possible, it would be great if we became friend...ly.

I feel like I have a long road ahead of me though.

(No), I thought, lifting my spirits.

Seeing that she was already a famous person at the capital, it was unlikely to have this sort of opportunity for a face-to-face meeting that had nothing to do with my status. This happened because I took advantage of my political influence... Not! I doubt I could've even met Miria personally without depending on Father's connections. That's why, being treated a little warily by her is inevitable.

(This is just the beginning, the beginning! If I give up here, then the battle will end before it even begins!)

I paused to tell her that I was her fan at this very first encounter. But even though she told me 「please feel free to call me Miria」, it clearly feels like she was told to say that by the manager.

I was not only firmly denied from using polite speech towards her, a girl older than me, but also when I informed her 『I'd like it if you'd call me Lycoris』, she only bowed her head deeply at me. A passive rejection.

Even though we got to see a few of the dress rehearsals and the like, we quickly departed since it seemed like Miria couldn't concentrate at practice with us around.

Thus, it opened the doors to me aggressively offering her gifts.

Everyday, I came to see her performance. Bearing presents.

It's no good to give massive presents right at the start. So I started with bouquets. Then, sweet snacks that were popular at the capital. I checked that Miria took in food just like a human, of course. I also investigated that she liked sweet things. In these sorts of things, she was no different from a human girl.

Incidentally, the theatre manager's behaviour was thoroughly polite towards me who continued to frequent this theatre. I don't know the exact sum, but it's obvious that Father investing in this theatre for the foreseeable future had something to do with it.

Regarding my behavior, Shade said this to me as if disgusted.

『I'm a little skeptical over the wisdom of financially supporting someone you want as your friend』

Having been told that, I was at a loss for words. After all, the words that were painful to hear, were incredibly sound that I didn't know how to refute them.