41-45,Epilouge

School Arc – Chapter 22

It was the first early afternoon of the break after peace had returned to the school.

On the way back to the dorm, I observed the gentle sunlight that was filtering through the slowly swaying trees, in a daze.

Even though I said peace had returned, I can't very well say that anything and everything returned instantly to the way it was. It seemed several people, including me, had gone home after getting caught up in the riots inside the school that followed right after Art's injury. Thus, most had yet to return to school. Even if you try placing the blame on the families, it was only natural to keep their children at home out of worry.

Since they can't afford to resume classes in this situation, the school decided to take measures by temporary closing the school starting from tomorrow. In the meantime, the school head and the teachers would probably be going around, visiting the royal capital and the students' guardians to explain.

Even though I made a round trip back home, this and that were completely different situations. This time, we were certain to invite Lily to the house, so Shade and Lily will be going home with me, whereas Wolf will be meeting with us mid-way. My birthday was exactly the second day of the holiday, so we've arranged to have a private party among us. It looks like it's going to be a very enjoyable break, so I'm already very excited.

My heart was naturally bouncing when I thought of the holidays.

I could feel the refreshing breeze and the gentle sunlight that was filtered by the trees on my skin.

While resigning myself to the coming peace, I inadvertently thought about the 『actual game』.

(The game's time axis should be almost nearing its end)

What bore fruit from the path the heroine, Lily, pursued, was the route for the hidden chara– for Gift. Given that Lily didn't choose Gift in the end, she never reached the true ending. In other words, she approached an end that could probably be considered a "bad ending".

Although it's called a bad ending, it was the happiest ending for me, given that no one was killed in this timeline.

Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that the credits will roll, so I don't know what will clearly happen. The possibility that Lily will open another route and fall in love with someone else after this wasn't entirely zero.

But, I think the game events, as far as what I know, should no longer happen, at least. If she falls in love based on developments I know, it wouldn't be consistent, unless whatever event has already happened. I was sure of that now.

It was this noon when Lily came to give me 『certain information』 .

We were having a meal together out in the open, not caring about what anyone thought, ever since I took a 'so what' attitude on this. Wolf and Shade typically sit with us too, but it seems they've been busy since this morning.

Right now, the male dormitory was in the middle of a large-scale event called spring cleaning.

Performed only once a year in the female dormitory, room checks were done 4-5 times a year in the male dormitory, simply because of the occasional disturbances due to the dirty rooms that happen. I hear that the problem with the dirty rooms that gave rise to quarrels coincided with the recent disturbance of Gift's 『curse』, so now that everything has returned to normal, it seems it was an opportunity to make at least the students who were presently at school clean together. Even the male students will become desperate when they're told that the holidays will be put off if they don't finish cleaning.