CHAPTER 8

Lucy's POV

I look up to see Zander, Lucas, and Zeke sitting right behind us, wearing smug expressions. Trouble seems to radiate from them, and I can't shake the feeling that they're up to no good.

After a moment of tense silence, Chloe decides to break the ice. "You're Zander, right? And Lucas and Zeke?"

"Got that right," Lucas responds with a wink, his tone dripping with arrogance.

"So what are you three hotties doing here?" Chloe continues, her voice laced with sarcasm. "Aren't you sophomores?"

"We are, but we decided to bunk our classes and check out this year's new chicks," Lucas replies, gesturing towards all four of us.

Despite their cocky demeanor, I can't deny a flicker of excitement. It's been a while since I've received any male attention, and even though these guys are clearly full of themselves, the admiration in their eyes feels oddly validating.

Before our conversation can escalate further, the principal at the podium ahead begins to speak. We settle down and listen attentively as he addresses the room.

"Welcome everyone, to Chanyeol University's orientation week! As you start this new chapter of your academic journey, it's important to take a moment to reflect on the many opportunities that lie ahead.

At our university, we believe that education is not just about memorizing facts and figures, but about preparing you for the real world. We want to help you develop critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, and a global perspective that will serve you well in whatever field you choose to pursue.

That's why our freshman orientation week is designed to help you not only adjust to university life, but to also lay the groundwork for your academic and personal success. During this week you'll also have the opportunity to connect with other students, learn about the resources and support available to you on campus, and get a taste of what it's like to be a part of our university community.

But we also want to remind you that it's not just about the course work – university is also a time for exploration and growth. Whether it's through clubs, sports, or volunteer work, we encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and try something new. By expanding your horizons, you'll not only gain new skills and knowledge, but also build the resilience and adaptability that will serve you well in whatever career path you choose.

During you time here at our university you'll encounter many obstacles and challenges – that's just a part of the experience. But remember you have the support of not only your classmates and professors, but also of faculty members, staff, alumni who are here to help you succeed. Don't be afraid to ask for help and take advantage of the many resources available to you.

As you begin this exciting journey, we hope that you'll embrace every opportunity to learn, grow, and make a positive impact on both on campus and beyond. We wish you all the best in your academic and personal pursuits, and we look forward to seeing you succeed at or university."

Lost in thought, I realize that I'm standing at a crossroads, unsure of which path to take. Choosing a major feels like navigating a maze of uncertainty, with countless possibilities stretching before me.

Interior design and English have always piqued my interest, but I'm also drawn to subjects like history and the sciences. The array of choices overwhelms me, leaving me uncertain about where to begin my journey toward fulfilling my potential.