Chapter 5

JakeRott: Morning vibes

listening to the song that i'm dropping tonight so keep your eyes peeled for the announcement

5,000,000 likes ~ 14,000 comments

---

I had no intentions of ever seeing my mother again but she popped up outside of my home when I was coming back from a gym session. I was not emotionally prepared to deal with the woman and it didn't help that Nix was at work so I left her outside while I waited on Logan to show up.

"I read that you are releasing a new song tonight." My mother smiles as she accepts the smoothie from Logan. "Can I get a preview?"

"No."

"Oh." She rubs her lips together. "That's fine."

Our mother completely abandoned us following her tumultus divorce from our father which ultimately tore our family apart. I naturally blamed my father for making her leave but when I tried to get in contact with her, I realised that she had cut us all out of her life. 

Years would go by with us not speaking then she randomly popped up in our lives, wanting to reconnect but the damage was already done. Logan was open to a relationship with her but I wanted nothing to do with her and I am grateful that my family respect my decision because I'm not changing my mind.

"You have a beautiful home." My mother says after a few minutes of silence. "Doesn't look like anything I pictured considering that you used to have the messiest room growing up. I bet you have a whole team of housekeepers cleaning up after you and your wild parties."

I narrow my eyes at her as she laughs, "I have never had a housekeeper and I don't throw parties in the home that I share with my partner. You shouldn't assume anything considering that you have not been in my life since I was a child."

"Jake." She purses her lips at me.

Logan sighs while rubbing his chin, "I don't think that you should have come here at all."

"I have been trying to reach out to my son for God knows how many years." Our mother snaps a him. "I don't have a personal number for him so the only way I can communicate him is through his management team and the only way I get to see him is... on my TV screen."

"And whose fault is that?" I coolly ask while leaning back in my seat. "We didn't go anywhere."